What's new

Sub Woofer Placment (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
I have a question on where to put my subwoofer. I have always had it in a front corner of my room. I just bought a house and while finishing the framing yesterday I noticed that there is no front corner of the room. I had to add a small door in the front left for a storage room. And on the side wall that meets the front is another door that opens into the front right corner. So where do I put it?

Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How often do you need to get into the storage room? If not often, put it there. If often, maybe just beyond the point where the door swings, near that corner.

That is really a bit too vague and isn't exactly the best answer... As long as the sub has phase adjustment, in the back of the room shouldn't be an issue vs the front.

The real answer is, you'll have to try out some locations that are available and see how it sounds and adjust it accordingly. You may need to try the "crawl" method, where you place the sub in the seating position and check possible locations for good bass response and then try the sub there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks