What's new

sub calibration w/ pioneer 1014TX vs DVE (1 Viewer)

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Last night, I recalibrated my sub again. First of, I ran the auto MCACC on the pioneer, then I ran the calibration w/ the DVE disc. I've noticed that the different between them is roughly about 15db. I've measured the level with my SPL meter. On the pioneer auto MCACC, the sub level measured in at about 89db. When I inserted the DVE in, and play the sub tone. It came out to be roughly at 94db. is the sub tone on the pioneer that low? Can someone confirm this? Why can they just come up w/ 1 universal sub tone? Avia disc has a different sub tone level. DVE has a different sub tone level. And now this... It's a mess... At the end, I'm keeping the Pioneer level cuz' I don't like my neighbor:D

Al,

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There's a documented problem w/ the sub tone level on DVE. I'm not sure the exact amount but it is much higher than it should be. I would manually use the 1014TX's on-board sub test tone to verify the Auto-MCACC calibrated level with your SPL meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks