What's new

Studio 100 v2 setup for you owners (1 Viewer)

Bobpaul

Agent
Hi:

First i enjoy learning from your posts. This forum has helped me more than any books or magazines.

I have a question on the Paradgm Reference Studio 100 v2
setup (just got these off the floor at AudioVisions in Canton for $900).

Should i passively biamp these throgh my Sherbourn 5/1500A or just run them on one channel?

If you guys did biwiring, did U see a difference?

Also, ran Polk RT800s on same setup before w/o any hissing, now with Paradigm at high volumes i get a faint hissing. Any ideas on this? Will biwiring take this out. I know it is not ground looping cause everything runs from one outlet through the power conditioner.

Thank you so much for your help.

Bob

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

I don't have much to add to your question, as I only own the 20's, but I am quite jealous of the price you paid for those speakers!!!!! Cograts on a great price :)

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
WOW...nice price. Passively bi-amp?

I wouldn't bridge channels to run on one speaker wire. I would bi-amp/bi-wire. If not, I would just use one channel. The 100's are touted as needing lots of current. Bi-amping/bi-wiring should be the best for hte 100's. Of course, you may get more noise (hissing) introduced this way. Try to keep your speaker wires away from power lines, and your signal cables clear of other wires.

Bobpaul

Agent
Thank you guys.

Yeah, living in farm country helps cut down prices on equipment :)

Exactly, i meant biamp/biwire and i'll try it, just have to get my lazy butt to soldering the terminations on the new set or wires.

I removed a power cable running parallel to one of the speaker cables and the hissing decresed (Tesla must have figured that one right 100 yrs. ago...EMI).

Have fun. Home theater wifes will not get many diamonds with the spring upgraditis around :)))))))))))))))))))

Bob

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
Home theater wifes will not get many diamonds with the spring upgraditis around
I know what you mean...I upgraded my HT this year. It was our 10th wedding aniversary too. :D No diamonds this year. We took a small vacation and purchased a couple of nice bikes to ride around with our baby.

Paul Gere

Second Unit
I have the 100's and noticed a small benefit to bi-wiring at short runs. Then, I moved and had very long speaker runs (40+ feet). I'm presently bi-wiring off amp terminals to hi and low posts on speakers (think that's called shotgunning) with excellent results.

Just one guy's experience.
-Paul

Heywood

Auditioning
I have a question on the Paradgm Reference Studio 100 v2 setup (just got these off the floor at AudioVisions in Canton for $900).
Sorry but it is just me or does anyone else wonder how this guy bought these $2500 speakers for BELOW cost?

Bobpaul

Agent
Hi:

Simply because i deal with an honest dealer and it was a floor sample/ trade-in. They gave me full warranty and all drivers were replaced prior to the sale with full warranty in effect. Is it so hard to believe?

You also have to look at this from a location perspective. Life in Ohio is cheaper.

Zip it next time will ya?

Bob

Heywood

Auditioning
Thank you for the kind reply Bob:rolleyes....I didnt realize they were used....no mention of that in your 1st post. As for the location perspective, do you really believe that Paradigm sells their speakers to distributors for less money because you live in Ohio? And as far as zipping it, well, this a forum. Any idea what that means?
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Bobpaul

Agent
Hi Heywood:

Thank for reply. No zipping, its a forum. The best solutions come out of arguments sometimes.

Looking forward to chatting with you

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks