What's new

Loose foot on a Paradigm Studio 100 (1 Viewer)

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Would a loose foot on a Paradigm Studio 100 (v2 fyi) affect its sound quality or reproduction?

If so, what WOULD it affect, if anything?

Is it easily fixable?

I did a search on the entire forum and didn't come up with anything to shed any light on this. Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
It seems like the threads might be stripped a bit. If so, some type of "filler" might be required. You could place a few slivers of wood in the slot before reinstalling the screw, which should take care of it.

Also, as Graham indicated, you could go through the dealer. Hopefully, they wouldn't need to ship the speaker out to get it properly repaired - because it sounds like an easy fix.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
It shouldn't have an impact on sound quality unless you have them on a bare floor and you can hear some sort of rattle.

Bill

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Someone local to me is selling a pair, one of which has this loose foot. I have not owned a Studio 100 so far so I wanted to get your help.

What if I choose to keep it the way it is, if it will not have any impact on sound? The speaker will be sitting on carpet.

Or should I pass on this deal entirely because of the foot? The price is good and I can arrange a local pickup so it seems to be the best deal right now, overall even.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Anish,

If it's only the foot itself that's loose, not the bottom of the cabinet being broken, you'll not hear any difference if it's sitting on carpet. These things are heavy!!!

If they're local, can't you just go and take a look/listen for yourself?

Bill

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
I will have to check them out in person. It is local in that it is about an hour drive away for me, which is alright. Thanks for the advice guys!! I will pick them up!

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
He is asking $1200US for the pair of Studio 100 v2. Shipping is 0 since I will be picking them up in person.

Good deal? - loose foot is the only defect. He said that it sounds and looks excellent.

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I wasn't TOO particular about finish. I just didn't want black. But any of the other wood-laminate finishes will do and this one happens to be the best match to my floors in the adjacent room, so yes. :)

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks