Structured Wiring Panels

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bill Fletcher, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Looking for structured wiring panels. I've got cable, satellite, telephone, ethernet and alarm all coming back to a central location. The panels I've found so far online seem very expensive for what you get (the panels themselves and the termination points). Has anyone found a way to do this more cost effectively?

Thanks. Bill

2. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I install these on the side and to be honest probably not. I dont know if you tried any supply houses like ADI. Are you looking at Grey Fox or Levition. Grey Fox is considerably cheaper. Grey Fox stuff is same as pass and seymour that you can find in home improvment wharehouses.

3. Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Matt. I think the last one I looked at was Channel Vision. I will check out Grey Fox.

Bill

4. John G

John G Agent

I recently bought a Leviton enclosure at the local Lowes, then purchased a Leviton telco distribution module through Smarthome. Currently working on (saving money for) the video (catv/off-air/camera) distribution module which will also be Leviton.

5. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

You might also want to check out US Tec stuff. I have installed 2 of these including one of the big ProLan Series. These boxes are top quality and they look awesome!

http://www.ustecnet.com/

Jaime

6. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I use open house (a sister company to channel plus)