What's new

Streets of Fire (1984) (Blu-ray) Now Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
517E6V2CK7L.jpg

In another thread, weeks ago, I talked about Shout releasing a very popular 80s film. I could not talk about it then, but it has just been announced on Facebook.

Great news for fans of this film. More to come....

"We are very excited to announce that May 2017 will be bringing you Streets of Fire (Collector's Edition), a title that has been LONG requested by fans. This release features a brand new 2k scan of the interpositive and an entire second disc of bonus features, to be announced at a later date.

Stay tuned later this week for our brand new cover art and our pre-order going live!"

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
:D I knew this day would come eventually, and what better company to release this underrated 80's gem with a killer soundtrack.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I think this is a fun, underrated flick. I have the HD-DVD and the UK special edition BD from a few years back, but I'll happily buy it again, especially if it has new extras.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Great, fun, highly stylized movie - one of Walter Hill's very best (after The Driver and The Warriors :) ). Like Mark_TB, I have both the HD DVD and the Region B releases but will happily double dip for this which I believe is coming from a new 2K scan as well,

Regards,

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
One of my all time favorites, that I'd get again, VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, HD-DVD, Region B Blu-ray...... I listened so much as a teen in the 80s.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SafariScreenSnapz001.png

Shout Select has announced Streets of Fire (Collector's Edition), out May 2, 2017, this release features a brand new 2K scan of the interpositive and an entire second disc of bonus features, to be announced here at a later date, so stay tuned!

Orders from ShoutFactory.com will recieve a FREE 18" x 24" ROLLED poster of the brand new artwork, seen here. Pre-order now at: http://bit.ly/StreetsOfFire

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$27.93 to get it snipped two weeks earlier and a poster?

The Die Hards might go for that. I'm a Die Hard, but I'll wait for a cheaper Amazon price with no poster

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
915LRhnfbXL._SX522_.jpg

Now Available for Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
New details on this release from Shout Factory's Facebook page:

DISC ONE:
- NEW: 2K scan of the inter-positive

DISC TWO:
- NEW: SHOTGUNS & SIX STRINGS: The Making of A Rock N Roll Fable- a feature-length documentary featuring interviews with director/co-writer Walter Hill, producer Lawrence Gordon, actors Michael Pare, Deborah Van Valkenburgh, Richard Lawson, Elizabeth Daily, Lee Ving, screenwriter Larry Gross, editor Freeman Davies, associate producer Mae Woods, art director James Allen, costume designer Marilyn Vance, assistant director David Sosna, Choreographer Jeffrey Hornaday, sound editor Richard Anderson, music producer Kenny Vance and many more… (100 minutes)
- RUMBLE ON THE LOT: Walter Hill’s Streets of Fire Revisited - a feature-length documentary featuring interviews with director/co-writer Walter Hill, actor Michael Pare, Amy Madigan and art director James Allen (82 minutes)
- Vintage Featurettes: Rock and Roll Fable, Exaggerated Realism, Choreographing The Crowd, Creating the Costumes, From the Ground Up (11 minutes)
- Music Videos
- Theatrical Trailer
- On Air Promos (13 minutes)
- Still Gallery

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you're interested in this title then you better act fast as Amazon is now selling this title for $13.89. That price won't last much longer.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Even living in Canada with shipping and our sad dollar this is a deal. To buy it on Amazon.ca is $33.84 before taxes. This movie has a lot of issues, (Michael Pare is dead weight to me), but some great parts. I remember seeing it in 70mm here in Toronto and the theatre was "a rumbling" with the soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks