What's new

Still like my DVD in hand. But.. (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
[email protected] post: 4587194 said:
I still like my DVD in hand. But it is getting hard to find them now at Target, Walmart & Best Buy.
They all seam to be letting them fall by the way side.
So I now do 98% of my DVD shopping on Amazon...
A lot of us who frequent this site are in the "same boat" . I still love to have the physical media in my hands, and that goes for music CD's as well . But I buy most of my stuff online , mostly from Amazon . I still hope that we'll be able to do that for a long time to come .

johnnybear

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It's the same here in the UK! The big shops who used to have a sizeable section of DVDs and stuff are now only having the odd shelf here and there and only with the brand new releases!
JB

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Just bought the documentary Steve McQueen, The Man & Le Mans on dvd so i am still buying dvd's and happy with the picture on my 4K tv.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The "Uncle Wally" (That's Walmart for those of you in Rio Linda!) stores in my area have PLENTY of DVDs in stock, and so does Target.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I do most of my shopping for everything at Amazon. The only thing I don't get there is food, and if their prices on that weren't so high, I would buy that there too.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The "Uncle Wally" (That's Walmart for those of you in Rio Linda!) stores in my area have PLENTY of DVDs in stock, and so does Target.
I wouldn't say mine (either of those) has "plenty" but they do have the best selections in town. One WM has a fair selection of mostly newer stuff and the CBS repackage series. The other has little of interest. The printer ink isle (actually expanded that section some time back) is larger than the media isle! Target has about 30% more with a slightly deeper catalog but still mostly newer release product. If I happen to be in one of those stores I'll take a look at the selections but no longer make special trips to browse.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
My Target drastically reduced their DVD footprint this year. There used to be FOUR aisles, now they only have a HALF aisle, and no TV shows except for Game of Thrones.

Xphile620

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Blaker
I've begun to avoid Amazon, primarily because of their terrible business practices. I can usually find what I want through other online retailers or Ebay, and a lot of the time if you hunt, you can get a better deal than Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks