What's new

Still Deciding to buy a region-free dvd player ? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Thinking of buying a region free dvd player for the main reason of being able to purchase and watch other region DVD movies that have DTS soundtracks on them. For instance, I would like to watch We were soldiers DTS which is available in Region 3. Don't know if it worth buying a player for just this reason alone.
Here is a link for a JVC player I came across at this website http://www.codefreedvd.com/dvd_jvc502sl.htm
let me know what yalls thoughts are.
thanks.
troy.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
Most of the R3 releases are actually R0, region free, and will work on any player, modified or not.

I'm not sure if this is the case with We Were Soldiers, but someone here must have it.

Kind wishes

Simon

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
We Were Soldiers distributed by Universe Video and Laser Co. Ltd. is a region 3 disc.

Most Hong Kong releases are NTSC so the PAL to NTSC issue is pretty moot.

However, most Western/Foreign films distributed in Hong Kong are R3.

Ronn.W

Second Unit
You could also go to www.amazon.co.uk and do a search on 'multi-region' That will give you a better idea of what is out there and at what price. They sell about 24 different ones at a lot of different price ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks