What's new

Steven King's It in Full Frame? AARGH! (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Just kidding...I know this movie was originally broadcast in 4x3, and I have every intention of buying this disc when it comes out on 10/1, but it got me to thinking.

Its weird (to me at least) that I have no problem watching movies in 1.33:1 or 1.37:1 if they were originally meant to be that way, as opposed to open matte full frame videos.

I know the whole director's intent thing, but I bet this is one of the things that non-OAR people criticize us for. We made a big stink about open matte Wonka, but dont mind watching the Wizard of Oz.

Oh well, I just wish there was a way to make full frame things be as clear as anamorphic enhanced widescreen DVDs (without windowboxing).

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Its weird (to me at least) that I have no problem watching movies in 1.33:1 or 1.37:1 if they were originally meant to be that way, as opposed to open matte full frame videos.
You have to ask yourself WHY you watch a movie in a particular aspect ratio. It's not because of the aspect ratio itself, it's because that aspect ratio happens to be the proper one.

I can't wait for IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks