Steel Battalion on Ebay...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derrik Draven, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I know a few of us were wondering how this mech game/controller would fare later in it's life. IE, a worthless, overpriced gimmick or, a collectible worth more than we originally paid.
    Well, check out www.ebay.com and you'll find your answer. It's already selling for AT LEAST the $200 price tag...and it's not even an old game yet!
    I guess it's not an easy game to get ahold of. I know that my eb only ordered 2, with mine being one of them, and they said that they'd have to special order any more.
    I also like the look of the footpedals we got here in the States, as compared to the original ones in Japan. I think that the metal pedals look better, imho.

2. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Dang, now I wish I had bought a few. I don't really have any interest in playing the game, but if I could make a 100 bucks on each one I sold it would be nice.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Fun fact: Capcom are doing another print run in February.

4. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Another fun fact: they are also readily available if you go to Gamestop or EB and ask them to order one for you.

I was able to strike while the iron was hot though. I ordered one from Bestprices.com for $178 shipped, but I was pretty skeptical of them. When it didn't ship out within 2 days of the ship date and the customer service responses had spelling mistakes/grammatical errors, I started looking for another one. A Gamestop about 45 minutes away got an extra in, which I bought for retail, and Bestprices did eventually ship mine. I sold the spare for close to $300 on ebay......end result after all applicable costs have been taken out:

My Steel Battalion cost $110.

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter