What's new

Calling Steel Battalion Owners (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
What are you doing with your old gear now that the new game is coming out? Supposedly they are releasing a new controller that is "smaller and more ergonomic", and it will have a port for the Xbox Live headset.

I'm conflicted on what to do. The old game sells for a LOT on ebay. However, not having seen this new controller, I don't know if I want to part with the old one. On one hand, the new controller could be crappy and toned down, but on the other, they might make it cooler looking and improve the construction quality. However, wait too long to sell and the price on the old game will drop.

Anyone else going through the same concerns or have any info on the new controller?

NickC

Second Unit
I havent heard any info about a new controller if there even is one, they didn't show it at e3, they had people using the old ones, and the video showed people using headsets with the old controller...

I plan on buying it when it does come out again next year because I missed it the first time....

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I seriously regret not buying it, but I just never had the money. Why oh why did they not make more copies? They sold every single one of them.

I thought I heard for the new one you had to already have the old game. If you look on ebgames or gamestop the preorder for it shows up as $50.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I thought I heard for the new one you had to already have the old game. If you look on ebgames or gamestop the preorder for it shows up as $50.
I don't believe this is true, I think the new game is totally independent of the first one. Also, the last I heard was that a new run of controllers would be produced and sold when the new game comes out...first I've heard of a re-design though.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
No, they've already announced that they'll be making the game/controller combo for the new game as well, and that the new controller will be slightly redesigned but have full functionality.

The areas I can see that might be cut back are the lighted buttons, the metal on the face of the controller, and the blatantly excessive pedal unit. On the other hand, there's always the chance that they could improve the controller by fixing the gearshift.

I'm pretty sure they did make more copies of the game after the initial run and you just had to order one from EB or Gamestop and they would get it for you. I actually ended up with a hell of a deal on mine. Got it for $170 shipped brand new from bestprices.com. Got scared when they didn't ship it on release day. Called roughly 30 Gamestops/EB's. Drove 2 hours to get the ONE non preordered one I found for $221 after tax. bestprices ends up shipping a few days later, I sell the extra for close to $300 on ebay. My obsessiveness for this game ended up netting it for me for around $100.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Yeah, they did a second run because the first one sold out pretty quickly. I remember the time I was thinking about buying it was after the first batch sold out but before the new ones came in and they were taking preorders for those.

I just wonder since it seemed to sell pretty well why aren't they just making it perpetually. Perhaps it's easier to just make the controllers in runs of a couple of thousand at a time instead of cranking out a few a day.

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
This is what is on Capcoms FAQ page :

Q: Will Capcom receive anymore Steel Battalion games and controllers?
A: Capcom U.S.A., Inc. does not anticipate anymore shipments of Steel Battalion or the controller until further notice.

Q: Will Steel Battalion: Line of Contact be sold with the controller or can I purchase the controller separately?
A: We currently have no information regarding the status of the Steel Battalion controllers. As more information becomes available we will be sure to inform you an all of our avid fans of any new developments. Please check Capcom's website www.capcom.com for the latest news and information.

This is the only information or lack thereof that I can find on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks