What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Saw warnings on Twitter to stay away from social media, especially Reddit. Apparently, someone is spreading a picture of the final shot of the movie. I have not seen it and hopefully will not.

People can be real assholes.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
JOKE: Seems they don't want any association from the last movie. There is no red carpet, it's a blue carpet!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Someone showed up on the blue carpet, could be a hint.
Frank Oz. He just said he is not in it. But technically Yoda could

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have not checked it out, but apparently one of the people posting spoilers on reddit is the same person who was right about all of the spoilers he posted before The Force Awakens. Maybe a bad robot employee or something.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
He/she will be in big trouble since only an employee can do this. It's easy to leak information but an actual image from the movie? That's something else. Has this happened before? I have seen art work leaked before but not an important image from the finished movie.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My head exploded, Kathleen Kennedy has a twin sister and she looks exactly like her.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don’t think anything of who showed up for the premiere. If you recall, Ewan McGregor was at the Last Jedi premiere. They invite stars of the whole franchise. Harrison Ford was at the Phantom Menace premiere 20 years ago.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
From the first reactions it sounds like people are agreed that it is a lot of movie. Some really liked it and others not so much.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I haven’t understood lining up for tickets ever since Moviefone in the 90s, and I haven’t understood waiting in line for seats ever since they became preassigned. I don’t see it as a badge of honor.

I remember when I saw Phantom Menace at midnight, I bought my tickets on Moviefone in advance. When I got to the theater the night of, there were people who had waited hours in line to buy tickets that night. I just don’t get it.

By all means, arrive early to get settled in comfortably, but showing up days beforehand just creates a logistical hassle for the theater staff who aren’t going to have it in their budget to bring in extra security and floor staff days before the ticketed event is set to occur. You’re making people who aren’t supposed to be responsible for this show up for low or no extra pay to do things that aren’t part of their job description. Way to go?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Luke was dead but Mark Hamill was ready, willing, and able to play a major role in the final chapter.

I really don't see why this is a problem. It was obvious to me as soon as he died that Luke was being set up to appear as a Force ghost in the next film, in the way that Obi-Wan/Ben still acted as a mentor to Luke following his death in the original film. I felt the impact of Luke's passing, but I never believed that he would sit out Episode IX. We've never seen Luke in a Force ghost capacity before, so that actually gives him something new to play in this film, rather than just tagging along in the flesh for whatever Rey's adventure is.

As far as Carrie is concerned, I firmly believe that Rian Johnson made the right and only choice to use all of her footage and complete his movie the same way he would have if she had been alive to see it. Because they had a complete Carrie Fisher performance in the can before she died, it would have been a huge disservice to her, to the fans and to the movie if Johnson had decided to alter it in order to kill Leia in The Last Jedi instead of allowing her work to play out. Obviously, we all wish that Fisher were still alive, but since she's not, it was absolutely the right thing for Johnson to leave the fallout from her passing for the next director to figure out. Although I am grateful that she is in the upcoming film, the nature of what they had to work with means that The Last Jedi is the final performance that Carrie Fisher actually completed, and the idea of messing with that is abhorrent.

Actually that meant something.

Or, as @Sam Favate said, they just invite people who have been connected to the franchise in the past. As far as Frank Oz is concerned, why wouldn't you want him to go to your Star Wars premiere, whether or not he was in it?

I just watched The Phantom Menace the other day for the first time in several years, and it wasn't good, but I will say that Ahmed Best did a good job as Jar Jar. The character as conceived by George Lucas was deeply problematic for the film; however, Ahmed Best did what he was asked to do. I understand hating Jar Jar, but I don't understand fans piling on Best. Nor would I read into his presence at the premiere. He probably just wanted to see the movie and was able to use his connection to the series to get in.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
https://screencrush.com/star-wars-fans-on-line-for-rise-of-skywalker/

Lining up 3 days early for a premier in a theater with reserved seating?

Sorry, die hard fans of SW impress me sometimes, but this just seems....dumb?
Yeah, I had advanced tickets but still went hours early to get the best seat for the previous SW movies. Since Solo however, the theaters near me have all switched to reserved seating so that means that for TROS, I'll be getting there maybe 30 minutes early to meet up with friends. Even 30 minutes seems extreme since I've got a seat and there will be nearly 25 minutes of trailers before the actual start of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks