Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers!

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From Deadline:

Deadline said:
I hear from exhibition sources that Disney is enforcing a four week engagement play in each venue’s largest auditorium for a film rental of 65%. Theaters are to provide no passes for the first two weeks of engagement, and no discount tickets outside of a theater’s one weekly discount night. Three trailers must play on every print of Skywalker: Fox’s Call of the Wild, Marvel’s Black Widow and Disney’s Mulan. Any breach of these rules will result in a film rental of 70%. These are standard terms I understand for a Disney Star Wars or Marvel pic.

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I’m a little disappointed that they didn’t arrange any limited marathons with the other movies. I would have gladly paid to see some of the other ones on the big screen again. You’d figure it would be like free money but I guess they’re pushing the new 4K masters on D+ pretty hard.
There are a handful of AMC & Regal locations that are having marathons. AMC is giving a little more time in between each movie. Rise of Skywalker starts @ 5pm for both on Thursday but Regal isn't starting Phantom Menace until 8pm WED while AMC starts at 415pm. I thought since this is the end of the Skywalker saga they would have had the # of marathon locations at least equal to the TFA marathon but there was more for that.

AMC:

Chicago AMC River East 21

Kansas CitytAMC DINE-IN Studio 28

Los Angeles AMC Orange 30

New York City AMC 84th Street 6

Orlando /AMC DINE-IN Disney Springs 24

San Francisco AMC Metreon 16

Washington D.C. AMC Georgetown 14

REGAL:
Denver, Regal UA Denver Pavilions 4DX & RPX

Atlanta, Regal Atlantic Station ScreenX, IMAX, RPX & VIP

New York, Regal E-Walk 4DX & RPX

Houston, Regal Edwards Houston Marq*E Screenx, 4DX, IMAX & RPX

Seattle, Regal Thornton Place ScreenX & IMAX

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The full review embargo lifts at 12:01 AM eastern time. If I am up at 3AM my time I can read them.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I so very much want this movie to be good. Satisfactory, even. I just don't want this saga to end on a sour note.

Tim Glover

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
We are all in. :) Have tickets for IMAX Friday night in Dallas. Then Saturday night in a Dolby Cinema theater. We are spending the weekend in Dallas. Amazon will be shipping the CD soundtrack to our hotel LOL on Friday! :) of course will not open it until after the movie.

Looking forward to this more than anything but also kind of bittersweet.

Reactions: TravisR

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We are spending the weekend in Dallas. Amazon will be shipping the CD soundtrack to our hotel LOL on Friday!
You might want to rethink that. If there is a problem and the delivery is delayed -- which, with Amazon these days, seems very possible -- it would be horrible if they ended up delivering it to the hotel after you check out. Why not just find a Target or something in Dallas and pick it up in store? That would seem to be safer. I was supposed to get Ad Astra from Amazon today, but then they pushed it to Thursday for no particular reason.

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Currently rotten at 56% and with over 100 reviews in it won't change much.

Greg.K

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I have a bad feeling about this...

(somebody had to say it)

Last edited:

SamT

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I feel pleased and in high spirits after having seen the movie. It's not a great movie, for the moment I rate it a little lower than The Force Awakens but it is a solid 7/10. It's not going lower. By comparison, I felt absolutely nothing after Episode 8. During "The Rise of Skywalker" I had tears several points in the movie, especially at the end. Overall I feel satisfied.

I really loved the general idea of the movie. The problem is, it's only half baked. They didn't have time. It's unfortunate they lost time developing the arc with the second movie. This happens when you don't plan a trilogy in advance.

Here is how I rate the sequel trilogy
1- The Force Awakens
2- The Rise of Skywalker
3-
4- The Last Jedi

Tim Glover

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
You might want to rethink that. If there is a problem and the delivery is delayed -- which, with Amazon these days, seems very possible -- it would be horrible if they ended up delivering it to the hotel after you check out. Why not just find a Target or something in Dallas and pick it up in store? That would seem to be safer. I was supposed to get Ad Astra from Amazon today, but then they pushed it to Thursday for no particular reason.
Good idea!

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123