What's new

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
I just saw it for the 8th time this weekend which makes it the movie I've watched at the theater the most. Previously the original Star Wars, Terminator 2, and The Fellowship of the Ring were all tied at 7 viewings each.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It's still on the real IMAX screen near me into this weekend as well. The Force Awakens has legs!

http://www.goodrichqualitytheaters.com/illinois/randall15imax

I wouldn't mind maybe seeing it one more time in the theater but I would prefer it to be in 2D on a large format screen. Those are almost impossible to come by now these days with The Revenant already filling those screens and now The Finest Hours being released tomorrow.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looks like it's sticking around at my 60ft 3D IMAX theater at least through February 6th as well. The Finest Hours has been relegated to lesser screens at the same location for both 2D and 3D showings. Go TFA!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I stand corrected on TFA leaving IMAX this weekend - I had seen listings for Finest Hours at my IMAX theater a while back, but it looks like those listings have been changed and are now for TFA. Looks like one of the four NYC IMAX theaters will show Finest Hours, and the other three will continue showing Star Wars? And why not? I saw it again Tuesday night at 7pm, and it was at least half full. Not bad for six weeks in on a weeknight.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since The Finest Hours is apparently not getting alot of IMAX screens, I think that Deadpool will be what finally knocks The Force Awakens out of IMAX screens on February 11/12.

Fortunately for me, I've got a very small chain near me that will probably play the movie in 2-D until a week or two after the Blu-ray is released so I've got plenty of theatrical viewings ahead of me.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw it on Tuesday and I think I'm done... unless a) it takes a year to come to Blu-ray and Disney does some more screenings later on, or b) if one of the handful of 15/70 IMAX prints they made makes its way to the NYC area. I decided against traveling to Philadelphia to see it on their IMAX dome, but I might be tempted to go to the Liberty Science Center in New Jersey if it played there. I made the trek there for The Dark Knight Rises and it was worth it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Five views at a movie theater are enough for me. I saw it in a true IMAX theater and three other times on a 70 foot screen with Dolby Atmos sound.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Now that there have been some other films coming out worth watching, Ive broken my Star Wars habit and will wait for the Bluray. Eight times is plenty and I have no idea how I managed nine for The Phantom Menace. I seem to recall however that TIm Glover had an obsession with Attack of the Clones though in 2002

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Decided to catch one last TFA showing (9th overall) at the Great Clips IMAX in Minnesota last night so after my ex picked up the kids I headed out for the 10:00 pm showing. I was the ONLY person in the auditorium. But it's not like I went to a multiplex and there were people seeing other movies and no one happened to pick Star Wars. No, there WERE no other screens because it's a giant 7 story IMAX! I was the only person in the entire building watching the one movie. I had my own freaking private IMAX screening of Star Wars. Who gets that?
lol.gif

Jungle Book trailer? Only for me. BvS and Civil War trailers? Only for me. Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens??? Only. For. Me.
yess.gif

I felt like the kid in Last Action Hero.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Decided to catch one last TFA showing (9th overall) at the Great Clips IMAX in Minnesota last night so after my ex picked up the kids I headed out for the 10:00 pm showing. I was the ONLY person in the auditorium. But it's not like I went to a multiplex and there were people seeing other movies and no one happened to pick Star Wars. No, there WERE no other screens because it's a giant 7 story IMAX! I was the only person in the entire building watching the one movie. I had my own freaking private IMAX screening of Star Wars. Who gets that?
lol.gif
You've got me beat. I saw it again yesterday morning and I figured it'd finally be dying out but there was still more than 40 people in there. Other than Gravity, I've never seen an IMAX movie with that many other people. And that was Gravity in its first weekend while TFA is in its seventh!

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
You've got me beat. I saw it again yesterday morning and I figured it'd finally be dying out but there was still more than 40 people in there. Other than Gravity, I've never seen an IMAX movie with that many other people. And that was Gravity in its first weekend while TFA is in its seventh!

Wow! It is fun to get to see it with a larger crowd, especially this many days after release. I took my kids to the IMAX two weeks ago (their 3rd time) on a Saturday evening at 7:00 pm and it was almost half full. What made it great was that apparently a ton of people had finally decided it was time to see it for the first time because there was a lot of energy, people laughing at all that funny lines again, it was great. Nice to get that audience electricity again.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Star Wars The Force Awakens will pass $900 million at the domestic box office today and $2 billion worldwide. It will stay put at #3 worldwide behind Titanic and Avatar. Amazing achievement and kudos to JJ and his team. Well done.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks