What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
SamT said:
Yes, like Mace Windu at the end of TPM! :D

macedecoy2.jpg
I never noticed or knew about it until it was pointed out in the picture today, i think this goes on in a lot of films and not just the Star Wars ones. :lol:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
FoxyMulder said:
I never noticed or knew about it until it was pointed out in the picture today, i think this goes on in a lot of films and not just the Star Wars ones. :lol:
Well if you never noticed or knew about this, then you are not a true fan! :lol: Everyone knew this! :cool:

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
SamT said:
Well if you never noticed or knew about this, then you are not a true fan! :lol: Everyone knew this! :cool:
You are correct, i am not a true fan, i know this because when they plugged me into the mains i didn't cool the place down i just fried a little. :P ( It's humour Jim but not as we know it - Star Trek quotes in a Star Wars thread, nooooooo set phasers to stun. )

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I never knew that that was supposed to be Mace back there in the first place,

Of course, I've only seen TPM 3 times. First, when it originally released; second, on DVD a few weeks after it's release; and third, going with my son (who was too young back in '99) to a 2D showing when it was reissued in 3D a couple of years back (neither of us even wanted to see it in 3D - 2D was our choice).

By the end of the movie, all three times, I was just really wasn't paying any attention anyway.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Slow down the shark eating "Samuel L. Jackson" in Deep Blue Sea sometime. Not only is it plainly bad CGI, but the stunt man makes a hilarious scream face when he's being pulled into the water, and he's clearly being pulled by a rope around his waste.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sam Favate said:
That's a great example of carelessness. Here is a movie that would be seen by tens of millions, and which they were making a big deal about showing in (limited) digital projection, and they let this fly. They knew that DVD was already here, HD was coming soon; how could they think no one would notice? That said, there are supposedly other scenes grafted together (with different actors from different takes) and no one can tell.
Yes, I think that's the perfect example of what's wrong with the prequels. If you had to give just one example, that would sum it all up. They just didn't care. Anyone with a tinny sense of integrity and care would not allow that to pass. It's just disrespect toward the audience. It's like they said hey they are the same color, it's good enough for us, they look the same to us!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
SamT said:
It's not that simple. Body language. Irvin Kershner used another actor in Chewie costume and threw out all the footage. It was obvious it was someone else.
According to the original making of ESB book from the 80's, they shot Chewie's double from the rear and from far away.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
TravisR said:
Also, they'd probably keep a double more in the background of shots so you can't see differences and when they need a close up, they'll use Ford when he's able to work again and edit that footage into the scenes. The funny thing is going to be reading people say how they know that scene X is a double when there will probably be no way to notice.

Maybe he's gotten better but for years now, Peter Mayhew's legs have been in terrible shape (I'm assuming it's due to his height) so I'm willing to bet that he'll have to be doubled anytime that Chewbacca isn't sitting down and no one will notice that either.
Mayhew underwent painful surgery and physical therapy to get walking again. I wouldn't be surprised if getting to play Chewie again was a motivating factor.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
Yes, I think that's the perfect example of what's wrong with the prequels. If you had to give just one example, that would sum it all up. They just didn't care. Anyone with a tinny sense of integrity and care would not allow that to pass. It's just disrespect toward the audience. It's like they said hey they are the same color, it's good enough for us, they look the same to us!
It's a sin that both trilogies are guilty of. Star Wars has an entirely different guy playing Wedge in the briefing room scene than the other scenes in the movie and unlike fake Mace Windu who is standing in the background and has no dialogue, fake Wedge has close-ups and delivers the majority of the character's dialogue.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
TravisR said:
It's a sin that both trilogies are guilty of. Star Wars has an entirely different guy playing Wedge in the briefing room scene than the other scenes in the movie and unlike fake Mace Windu who is standing in the background and has no dialogue, fake Wedge has close-ups and delivers the majority of the character's dialogue.
Yes, but that sneaks by because he's just an unnamed pilot sitting next to Luke at that point, and Denis Lawson is wearing a helmet in all of his scenes. I don't think we ever saw Wedge with his helmet off until Return of the Jedi.

The other Wedge actor sadly passed away last year.
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/05/02/rip-colin-higgins-the-fake-wedge/

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I seem to recall Return of the King making a similar error with a close up revealing Gimli's double in the confrontation at the Black Gate :)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
SilverWook said:
Because of fake Mace, nobody ever notices Warwick Davis wobbling along in a Yoda costume as they come down the ramp. :lol:
LOL, I just checked it and saw it probably for the first time. It's hunchback Yoda. :3dglasses:

ay3xjb.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
SamT said:
I thought that was Laurence Fishburne! View attachment 11214

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sean Bryan said:
I thought that was Laurence Fishburne!

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I heard ya the first time. :D

Sam loves the Star Wars flicks, he was on the Graham Norton show a few times and he talks with pride about them.

P.S. I thought about doing four posts, i heard ya the second time, i heard ya the third time and i heard ya the fourth time but i resisted the temptation, it wasn't easy i can tell you, i gotta bag me a choc ice i am roasting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks