What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to be really careful the rest of the week, too. I was reading a New York Times article earlier today about the logistics of the massive world premiere in Los Angeles, and out of the blue they included a broad strokes plot summary in a couple sentences. No great surprises ruined, and nothing I couldn't have guessed, but more than I knew before the article, and more than I wanted to know.

So far the consensus seems to be that BB-8 is a scene stealer, which is no great surprise, and that Rey is the character that the premiere crowd really got invested in, which is a bit more of a surprise given what we've seen so far.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Carabimero said:
I saw it. No spoilers except to give you my updated list of Star Wars movies, from best to worst. For context, I saw the original when I was 13. And for the record, my ratings for the prequel movies have not changed since I first saw them.

The Empire Strikes Back (4.0)

A New Hope (3.9)

The Force Awakens (3.5)

Return of the Jedi (3.0)

Revenge of the Sith (2.5)

Attack of the Clones (1.8)

The Phantom Menace (0.8)

Please give us a more detailed review.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is a thread for Star Wars Episode 7, so reviews are relevant. Anyone who doesn't want to read about Episode 7 should not be here. Otherwise this thread will be useless, an Episode 7 thread where you are not allowed to talk about it is like a McDonald's where you are not allowed to eat hamburgers! With warning you are welcome to post a spoiler free review. I can argue that with sufficient warnings you can add spoilers too. And the reviews are coming out in few hours anyway.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Carabimero said:
I'm afraid to do that. A minor detail that doesn't ruin the movie for one person might upset someone else. Once the movie comes out, and there's a thread created for spoilers, I'll be all over it.
Thanks. And we'll said. [emoji106]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Adam Lenhardt said:
If ever there was a movie to justify separate spoiler and non-spoiler threads like the old days, it's this one.
Mods

Can we do this please? Separate review and discussion threads sounds like s great idea..especially for this film.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Tim Glover said:
I actually LOVE all the opening weekend crowds. Its sheer adrenaline and one of the reasons I love going to the big event films AT the theater. Something our Home systems just can't do.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Titanic, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter...all are memories I will cherish forever having seen them initially in a crowded theater with other fans.

Love it.

I love the opening weekend crowds too. But reserved seating has spoiled me. Never again will I have to get to a theater 2+ hours early just to be close enough to the front of the line to get a decent seat!

If I wasn't able to reserve my seat for opening day, I wouldn't get going to see it on opening day.

Mark

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Carabimero said:
The movie is better than Return of the Jedi. Much better. And Williams's score rivals Empire. I'm dying to see it again in the theater. More than twice. Haven't done that since Empire.

Earlier I asked my wife why she was smiling. "Star Wars," she said, a full day after we saw it. "It left me lit up inside."

That's my review. :)

I'm out until the movie's out.

Thanks Alan - that's all the review I need or want right now. You done good.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks