What's new

Star Wars - Clone Wars cartoon (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Can anyone tell me if this series is a kind-of prequel to Episode III, or is it better watched AFTER?

I was watching a bit of a DVD of the series in the mall today, and it looks awesome, but I don't want it to ruin anything for me for when I watch Episode III, which I fervently hope is better than Episode I & II (can't get any worse, can it? CAN it.. :eek: )..

From the trailers it looks like it will be, but the trailers for I & II looked pretty damn good, too..

But I digress..

Thanks for any comments you care to offer!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The cartoons ... vol 1 and 2 occur between Episodes 2 and 3.

Volume 2 ... seen a few weeks ago takes us up right up to the opening of III ... Sort of like a month before ... right to 2 minutes before the film starts ...

regards

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Ok, so it is a prequel of sorts, thanks!

I'll go ahead and watch them, then..

The scene I saw was of a bunch of Jedi getting killed by this drone general on some planet..

I'm like:

"I shouldn't be watching this.. But.. I can't.. look.. away..".

But from looking at the merchandise (the figures)in the stores, the Jedi that were killed look like they have a part to play in Episode III..

Doesn't mesh.. Unless they were only wounded..

I guess I could watch the trailer, but like I say, I don't want any spoilers to ruin the movie for me..

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The final Clone Wars chapter takes you into the opening scene of Revenge of the Sith.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Extremely unlikely, as it has not been announced yet. I'd bet it will show up in the fall, around the DVD release of Episode III.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, I assume it's release will coincide with the Episode 3 DVD as well.

...until then, it stays on my Tivo :)

Chuck_D

Agent
Cartoon Network will repeat Vol. 2 starting tonight(4/25/05) through Friday (4/29/05) at 6:00pm EST. Fire up the recorder if you missed it the first time.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to record them. I purchased the Vol 1 DVD but haven't watched it yet. I'm planning a massive SW marathon (all 5 previous movies plus the animated shorts) shortly before EP3.

Chuck_D

Agent
I screwed up on the re-airing of Clone Wars this week on Cartoon Network. The link that I connected to Cartoon Network's schedule was for Buenos Aires. :frowning: I can't believe I blew it that bad. It was in English and I thought I was on the USA site. Sorry for all those who like me ran home to set the recorder and got Megas XLR instead.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Glad to know I'm not crazy, I searched all over the cartoon network and star wars website and couldn't find any mention of these airing again. Surely they'll re-air them before Episode 3 comes out...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks