What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Five (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The new season starts on Saturday, September 29 at 9:30 AM. I'm not sad that it's moving from Friday nights but the quality of this show is so far above the usual Saturday morning crap that it still should have a prime time slot. I know that people watch the show via DVR, etc. anyway but running what is easily the best looking animated show on TV as some regular Saturday morning cartoon just cheapens it in my opinion.
In better news, Entertainment Weekly has an awesome looking 3 and a half minute commercial for the new season: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/26/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-5-trailer-maul-mandalorians-and-one-angry-lightsaber-wielding-darth-sidious-exclusive/

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's interesting -- Saturday morning is no longer "cartoon time," thanks in no small part to the Cartoon Network and other kid-oriented channels being always available.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if anyone here is still watching the show but last week's episode (The Lawless) was awesome. It was the fourth and final episode in an arc focusing on Darth Maul and it was one of the best episodes of the series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I dropped out during the interminable Ahsoka's Insurgents arc. The fact the Maul episode was fourth in an arc shows I made the right call. This show should be more done-in-one. Anyway, haven't enjoyed it for a long time.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I agree with Travis, the last episode was easily the most epic of the entire series, and maybe even better than some of the movies.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
After a somewhat lacklustre start, this season has been getting better and better. At least they gave Darth Maul a reasonable storyline to make up for the ridiculous way he was resurrected. But with the last two episodes focusing on the Jedi and how they are viewed by others, the increasing tension between the Jedi and the Clones and Anakin's relationship with his apprentice, they have probably produced some of the best work of the series and in many ways better than the films. If they manage to keep the quality up for the remaining two episodes of this arc, this could easily have worked as an Episode 2 1/2. or a sequel film to the Clone Wars film. I only hope the conclusion of this arc will have a lasting effect on the show in some way as opposed to resetting the characters for the 6th season. I suspect it may well do.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It was announced today that they're be bringing the series to an end. While that sounds grim, there's so many hold over episodes that the show should have a sixth and seventh season (presumably airing on the Disney XD channel). Although that assumes that they produce their standard 26 episodes for the sixth production season. For the super nerdy, the math on the remaining episodes: - There's 3 episodes produced in the fourth production season that have yet to air - There's 15 episodes produced in the fifth production season that have yet to air - There's 26 episodes produced in the sixth production season that have yet to air* That totals up to 44 episodes or 2 seasons (22 episodes per year) worth of episodes left. *I'm basing that number on that being the amount they produced for the other years

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I would imagine though that a lot of those episode will only be partially completed. A bit disappointed really. I was expecting an eventual season that would run concurrent with events from Episode III and cover Order 66 and its ramifications. Guess thats not going to happen now. Would welcome the opportunity for more episodes and suspect we may see straight to DVD/Bluray releases eventually. They could always do another film and I expect it will be far more successful than the last one now.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
I would imagine though that a lot of those episode will only be partially completed.
I assume it's correct that, as of this moment, all the episodes aren't finished yet but since the show will be going to another channel and sold on iTunes, DVD, Blu-ray, etc., there's no reason to think that they won't be completed (especially when they've probably got until the 2014-15 season when the bulk of those sixth production season episodes will run). Once again, that assumes that they make 26 episodes in the sixth production season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't think we'll see anything approximating a full season. The details are unclear but it sounds like only a few shows will be completed. EW says they're referred to as "bonus material," which should tell you where they are likely to end up. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/11/star-wars-clone-wars-canceled-detours/

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
I don't think we'll see anything approximating a full season.
Like I've said, there's at least 18 holdover episodes from the fourth and fifth production seasons left and they've already started working on the sixth production year. Even if they scrap all the episodes in the current production season (which would be a senseless waste of money when the show isn't being dropped because of ratings) or drastically shorten the number of episodes for the sixth production season (which is a definite possibility), there's still basically a full season left.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Seems like Disney is walking away from lots of things that were far along in development. The previews of the games from LucasArts is heartbreaking to see along with the news of the Clone Wars team being disbanded.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MattBradley said:
Seems like Disney is walking away from lots of things that were far along in development.
It seems like "throwing away" is a more apt term when they're apparently just shelving finished episodes or screwing the talent by calling it bonus content. When the Disney sale was announced, I thought it was a pretty good thing in terms of the longevity of Star Wars (and it still is) but I guess Disney just wanted the ability to make movies and isn't concerned with anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks