What's new

Star Wars BONUS DISC with lightsaber! (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
From theforce.net

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story...cted_89452.asp

Only packaged with a toy lightsaber coming out April 2nd.

DVD CONTAINS:
Chapter 1 and 8 of the first season of the animated clone wars.

A mini documentary " the legend of the Lightsaber" which includes some spoilers for Episode III, it shows some storyboards and the actual weapons of Grievous Bodyguards which they explain are the only weapons that CAN NOT be destroyed by a Lightsaber!

Star Wars Trilogy DVD TV ad.

2 TV ads for the Star Wars Original Trilogy collection figures and Lightsabers.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

It does?

Sounds lame as hell to me.

Oh well. Tell you what--I "need" an Anakin saber anyway. I'll pick one of these up and then you're more than welcome to "borrow" the bonus disc if it's that interesting to you.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
If these are put out early and has 2 clone wars episodes, that seems pretty interesting to me. Not that I'd ever buy a Star Wars toy lightsaber that was meant for me.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
They've been showing up early, but nowhere around OKC that I know of so far.

Kind of silly to hold these to April 2nd, because the toy lightsabers themselves have all been out for several years, and the only thing "new" is the DVD. Not only that, but April 2nd is also gonna see the release of all of the Episode III lightsabers as well, so if stores have ordered both assortments and hold to the street date, then the shelves are gonna be flooded with all kinds of these things--and they never usually sell all that well, anyway.

Getting back to the disc, though: The Clone Wars episodes are gonna be released in the Clone Wars: Volume 1 disc on March 22nd (which sounds like it's shaping up to be a pretty cool disc), so the two episodes here don't do a whole lot for me.

The only thing that interests me is the Episode III content, but it's probably so minimal that it will barely be worth the time watching it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have the disc and the Episode III content is minimal. I'm nearly positive that it's just a shortened version of one of the making-of Episode III documentaries that are on the Star Wars site (and which'll be on the DVD).

Before the Episode III stuff, there is a shortened version of one of the Episode II making-ofs too. The only other stuff is the two Clone Wars cartoons, a commercial for the SW Trilogy DVD and two commercials for Hasbro's SW toy line.

In the end, it's not bad for a free DVD if you're a little kid:)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Hey it could be a child's first DVD.

Then they would ask why you haven't adopted one of the hi-resolution audio formats like SACD or DVD-A.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks