What's new

BVHE Press Release: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Voila_Capture 2016-03-03_12-08-50_PM.jpg

Arriving early on Digital HD April 1, 2016

Bring it home on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on April 5, 2016

Including new in-depth bonus offering fans the chance to experience more

fck.jpeg

BURBANK, Calif. (March 3, 2016)Star Wars: The Force Awakens shattered box office records upon its debut to become the cinematic event of a generation with over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion worldwide. As announced this morning by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Iger at The Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders, the epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1, and coming home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5.

Discover the complete story behind the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with in-depth documentary and bonus material that will take fans on an exciting journey behind the scenes. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:

· Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.

· The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.

· Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.

· Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.

· Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.

· John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.

· ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.

· Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.

· Plus Deleted Scenes

* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer

Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated reteaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega (Attack the Block, Imperial Dreams) as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Emmy® nominee Adam Driver (Lincoln, Girls) as the villainous Kylo Ren, and Golden Globe® winner Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, The Bourne Legacy) as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens wasdirected by J.J. Abrams and written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt. Lucasfilm president and eight-time Academy Award® nominee Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, along with his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, are the film’s producers.

Having established a musical legacy with his iconic scores for the previous six films in the Star Wars Saga, acclaimed composer John Williams returned to score Star Wars: The Force Awakens,ultimately garnering his 50th Oscar® nomination for it.

DISC SPECIFICATIONS:

FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 136 min.

RATING: PG-13 in U.S.; PG in CE; G in CF

ASPECT RATIO: Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.40:1

DVD Feature Film = 2.40:1

AUDIO: Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

DVD = English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks

LANGUAGES: English, French & Spanish

SUBTITLES: English SDH, French & Spanish

CLICK HERE TO PREORDER

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Disney is really pulling a fast one here by not offering the 3D release at launch.

They are banking on an initial purchase just for fans to own it, then the eventual 3D release later this year, which means a second purchase.

Call it great marketing, or a pretty crappy thing to do.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's a crappy thing to do, but that's Disney. Come to think of it, not the first time a studio has done this. Not referring specifically to 3D, but how many times has a special edition come out within a year of the standard release? Many, Many, times.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:
P

Patrick Donahue

That's odd that the Digital release is only 4 days sooner. The Revenant is a full month,

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
While I'd prefer the 3D version, it wasn't overwhelming theatrically, and I'm satisfied with the 2D one. There's not enough going on dimensionally to make it worth rebuying, so it should have been on the disc from the start.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You are in no position to say that with any type or authority.

The 3D release news is solid at this point.
I definitely have no authority to say that but given how near death 3-D is, if they aren't releasing it with all the other home video releases, I just don't see it happening. Another Disney movie (Big Hero 6?) was supposed to be "coming later" to the US and never did.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I definitely have no authority to say that but given how near death 3-D is, if they aren't releasing it with all the other home video releases, I just don't see it happening. Another Disney movie (Big Hero 6?) was supposed to be "coming later" to the US and never did.

I just want to be certain no false information is being provided to this thread and your assumptions could possibly cause confusion.

Again, this has been announced for 3D release later this year.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
For what it's worth, I'm hopeful that the studio follows through on their promise "Note: The 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available later this year."

Unfortunately, I do remember how they said that Frozen would come out in 3D in the US later in the year after the 2D release, and it never did. I also notice that the statement doesn't specify that it's coming on disc - they could simply release it as a digital exclusive, which would be a major letdown for me. I share some of Travis' concern.

I don't see why this is so difficult for them. I know Disney hasn't been a supporter of 3D for a long time, but their subsidiaries have had no issues with it - Marvel 3D releases are day and date with the 2D versions.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Disney is really pulling a fast one here by not offering the 3D release at launch.

They are banking on an initial purchase just for fans to own it, then the eventual 3D release later this year, which means a second purchase.

Both.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You gotta love those retail exclusives. Buy all of them for ALL the special features:unsure:
I'm sure there's people that will have to have everything but Target is the only store with actual exclusive video content. The press release doesn't get specific about it but the Wal Mart/Galactic Connexions disc is some kind of game from Topps and not behind the scenes material.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Definitely the latter. Thanks Disney.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The short period between digital and blu-ray releases makes waiting for the blu ray to come out first very easily. I was prepared to buy the digital release 3 weeks early and then get the blu ray (of course I might have lived with the digital until the 3D release comes.)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So...I have four weeks to see it in the theater. I guess I should turn in my geek card already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks