What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: A New Hope (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A nice consideration of the blu-ray, DE, and 4K77 versions. Hopefully the upcoming official 4K release will give us something more to compare.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Ah. I'd lost track. And searching finds this thread. I didn't see a release / review thread on it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Ah. I'd lost track. And searching finds this thread. I didn't see a release / review thread on it.
I don't blame you. Take away the Skywalker Saga Best Buy set with all of the movies included, and I have never seen this (or any of the 4K OT films for that matter) once in any retail store I visit. Ever. Some of the most popular films ever made, and nothing!
The stores I did not see it in:
Wal-Mart
Target
Meijer

Wild stuff, absolutely wild!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I don't blame you. Take away the Skywalker Saga Best Buy set with all of the movies included, and I have never seen this (or any of the 4K OT films for that matter) once in any retail store I visit. Ever. Some of the most popular films ever made, and nothing!
The stores I did not see it in:
Wal-Mart
Target
Meijer

Wild stuff, absolutely wild!

My local target had them for a while.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My local target had them for a while.
Could be they were just sold out at my local store. I didn't bother to ask.

I just find it odd that at these three huge retail stores-- through DVD releases (which was a huge event) and BD sets they all were stocked so full of the previous sets you could not help but notice as they were everywhere, and the 4K release......still waiting to see one copy of any of the OT films stocked in the stores. No luck so far.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This is the first time I won't be buying. I have the blu-ray set and have never watched them. If by some miracle the original versions of the first three get released, I'll buy those.
The original versions is the only way I’ll buy Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks