What's new

Star Trek Nemesis trailer online 6/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
More on the "Trekkies" kid. I saw him as the "Trek Geek" on Comedy Central's "Beat the Geeks." That dude really has parlayed a little career out of a bit part in a documentary film. Not bad. I like the trailer. As many, I enjoyed 8 but thought 9 would have been a nice 2-parter in the run of the show. New movie looks like Hellraiser-meets-Blade-meets-Mad Max-meets-Star Trek. I kinda like that.

Out,

Phil

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Someone posted a link to the trailer in the other Nemesis thread. It worked for me, and I now enjoy daily doses of 640x480 Nemesis goodness :D

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I got a slow ass phone modem here. I have to do all my trailers at work. Problem is they use Wwindows NT and they did not install QT so I can't view them there. When I get lucky enough to find any I can download I copy them to CD and take them home. It took about 15 seconds to download the 34MB file for Two Towers. Trying that here at home would have taken me two days... but I would have been booted after the first hour. Can't wait for cable modem by the end of the year.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
My 56k connection (which I use when my cable one fails)is slow but reliable... It took me a good two hours to get the TTT teaser, and about an hour and a half for the Nemesis. Thankfully I only got booted once, and it resumed the download where it left off :D

Was this trailer supposed to play in front of MIB2? It didn't play when I watched MIB2 today. Quite disappointed. I really wanted to see the trailer on the big screen.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
my bandwidth isn't great that is why I want to download Link Removed and then play them without having to stream them.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Not that some action is bad, but if Trek becomes a "bang-bang-shoot-em-up" franchise then it's all over AFAIC.
I somewhat agree. If you look at the history of "Trek" the best episodes/movies are ones that have either a lot of drama/story ("City on the Edge of Forever") or action ("The Best of Both Worlds", "Star Trek II", "Star Trek: VI", "Star Trek: FC") or both.

I cannot see that "Star Trek" - particularly Next Gen related series - will *ever* become a "bang-bang-shoot-em-up" franchise; however, they have proven that a really good story is enough to make a classic Trek, and adding appropriate action will make it even better.

From what I've read of Nemesis (I was a naughty boy and read the script), this movie will definitely appeal to both.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Anyone knows why they didn’t brought back Dr. Crusher’s son for the movies? It seems that they went into a great length to bring back the major and regular characters including Worf!

Also anyone knows what year was that Worf joined deep space 9? In 199?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I thought Wes Evolved into a higher form and was bouncing around the galaxy with "The Traveler"

DanHaya

Second Unit
Hold your horses, folks! Wil Wheaton said on his website that he wasn't sure if his cameo would make the final cut...and he also said that Ashley Judd's cameo was news to him.

Granted, he could just be blowing smoke...not wanting to spoil a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks