What's new

Star Trek Nemesis trailer online 6/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Feng
You revealed more than the name. That B-9 is NOT Lore and also that Data is building him.
Why not just go back and put spoiler blocks around that information just in case for the sake of members who do NOT read other sites or want to know anything.
That's not asking too much, is it?:)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
That's not Picard, that's the bad guy! He is too young to be Picard! That's what I can tell from the trailer. Have no idea about the story!

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe I did anything wrong and I will not change any part of my previous posts.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Dude, the name is enough, and you didn't bother spoiler tagging that on your second post. I was fairly interested in this discussion, but this is my unsubscribe point. I ruined First Contact with early spoilers. I won't do the same for this film.

cya.

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
OK. Tell the administrator to delete my account. I don't care. Dicussing movies with a bunch of hypocrites is no fun for me.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
hmm when I looked that was the biggest version (I wouldn't download anything less :) ), let me look again.
[edit] I am sure the site has changed

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
seems you were quite right, I am sure that link wasn't there when I first went. This was one of their nasty ones. never mind, it has been added to the page
Link Removed
qtpro is not required, they just say that.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
oh here is performance tip, turn off all the extra crap! under 'edit' 'enable tracks' you should be able to turn off things like top bottom progress etc, I find things run much better when I turn them off.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Nigel, Thanks a lot! You are my hero of the day! :D Yes I turn everything off or will extract the video and audio only and save it as a mov file. The fullscreen version looks so much better. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The idea of putting the entire Star Trek franchise on ice for several years has long appealed to me--especially after the debacle of Voyager and the lackluster eighth and ninth feature films. This thing, though, looks exciting. If it earns more than a hundred mil, the factory may continue churning them out.

However, Paramount--and, specifically, Berman and Braga--suggesting that somehow the fans are to blame for not buying tickets is ludicrous. The fans are the built-in financial engine of this franchise. Rather, the problem is the B&B team itself. They have reduced this franchise to one giant essay on play-it-safe and -by-the-numbers story rehashing. Enterprise demonstrated all that in the second half of its first season. And the idea of that crew assuming "command" of the feature-film series makes me all the more grateful that the TNG boxsets are being released.

I hope Nemesis is good. I really do.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
If B&B would "play it safe" at any time more than any other, it would be during movies, because they have to appeal to non-Trekkies.

Don't go in expecting mind-blowing far-out sci-fi. All I want is a solid, interesting story with Romulans.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
and the lackluster eighth and ninth feature films.
I don’t remember what is the eighth movie but if it is First Contact, I don’t agree. I think it was one of the best, if not the best, of the Star Trek movies; Insurrection is another story!

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
I only watched Insurrection once...in the theater, & wasn't impressed.
First Contact, on the other hand, I found very enjoyable (despite the fact the Borg Queen weakened the idea of the Borg to me).
I read an apparent script of Nemesis online & if that was the real deal, I'm worried...(from the looks of the trailer, a lot of what I read was shown).
I'm hoping the film translates the script better than my imagination did:)

Bryan_P

Stunt Coordinator
Damn that's a cool preview! To address some comments from above, I think it looks a little different than past Trek movies because they are hoping to appeal to more people with this one. That's why they brought in Stuart Baird to direct, a person who has stated he had very little experience with Star Trek until this movie. As for it being the last TNG movie, don't count on it, as Patrick Stewart has said that he sees no reason why they won't do more. I'm pulling for a movie with Q...How could he be in the first and final episodes, a bunch in between, and no movie? Oh well, for now I'm excited enough for Nemesis.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Insurrection isn't too bad. If you put it into historical context it really is following the classic "Trek" formula by dealing with the forced relocation of "refugees", which was definately a real-life issue when the film was made (and still is).

What concerns me about Nemesis is that the trailer (as they usually do) they are pushing it as all action. Not that some action is bad, but if Trek becomes a "bang-bang-shoot-em-up" franchise then it's all over AFAIC.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
What I never cared for about First Contact is its playing fast and loose with the Trek backstory--further evidence of B&B's disdain for what the franchise means to its fans--and its having put far too human a face on the Borg. What was once an implacable, fearsome foe in "The Best of Both Worlds" had come to seem much less mysterious and menacing (though the Borg Queen was hot). Of course, the kinder, gentler Borg has its origins in "I, Borg."

The ninth film makes a great DVD for showing off your system, though. Insurrection, like Generations, had the look and feel of a two-parter episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks