What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 09/10/'03: "The Xindi" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
episode: #53
original airdate: September 10, 2003
writer: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
director: Allan Kroeker
synopsis: "Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death."
Notes: Scott MacDonald, who's slated to play the "Xindi-Reptilian", has (sort of) been in this position before
http://www.tvtome.com/StarTrekDeepSpaceNine/season1.html#ep6.

Enterprise's---excuse me!---Star Trek: Enterprise's make-or-break-season beginner.

Does T'Pol give Trip a "love potion", or a naked rubdown in the decon chamber, perhaps?

Onward into that "bold new direction"!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Is this the first episode of the new season? I hadn't even heard it was starting back up yet. And didn't we meet the Xindi before, it sounds familiar.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yup, this is the start of the new fall season for Enterprise. Last season, IIRC, Enterprise had 26 episodes, so if that holds, they need to get an early start on their new season.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Nope xindi are brand new , suliban are before.

Im looking forward to the new season. I liked the 2nd season finale and see where they go with this

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The edited synopsys to more accurately reflect what we're going to see wednesday :)

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew have tripped out and gone insane only 7 times. They learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get taken prisoner fucking again. Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), who by now have plenty of experience rescuing Archer's ass from every 3rd race they meet, must rush to free them, completely unlike the LAST 47 times they were captured. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death, more rubbing in decon.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
You know, I haven't been watching too much TREK on TV for years, but from back in the day, didn't Vulcans avoid physical contact? Yet here I see the Vulcan chick rubbing goo-goos seemingly every other episode preview I catch!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Oh crap! Edmonton's A-Channel moved the show from Tuesday night to Wednesday night! Now I'll have to suffer along with everyone else instead of getting it over with one day earlier! :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Last season, IIRC, Enterprise had 26 episodes, so if that holds, they need to get an early start on their new season.
Well, last year they seemed to use the extra episodes to double up during February and May sweeps. I'd prefer they reduced in-season re-runs, myself, but I imagine they'd also like to lay claim to viewer loyalty before Smallville starts running new episodes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Now, now, give it a chance....trekweb.com has links to 2 reviews with spoilers and they give it a solid B, shows promise.

I have not read them, don't want to see spoilers. I look forward to seeing for myself.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
You know, I haven't been watching too much TREK on TV for years, but from back in the day, didn't Vulcans avoid physical contact? Yet here I see the Vulcan chick rubbing goo-goos seemingly every other episode preview I catch!
Agreed.

Just caught an ep. of Voyager and for all the show's faults, Tim Russ played a GREAT Vulcan. Tuvok was sooo much more believable than Blalock's T'Pol.

The preview for this week shows the most skin I've ever seen on Trek, basically showing a bare chest with arms covering nipples.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Tuvok was a great Vulcan. My personal favorite is Sarek. I always felt a richer turmoil within him than Spock

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Why do we keep forgetting that the Vulcans of the NextGen era have several hundred years of evolution on the Vulcans of the Enterprise era?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Joel, that'd be about a couple hundred years. At best, there would be changes in social conventions (and given the rigidity of Vulcan society, not many changes would be likely; my goodness, is this geek territory or what?).

This is part of the bold, exciting, new, and sexy direction the producers are taking Enterprise. Man, less than 24 hours to go!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Anyone up for a "you are there" MSTie-ing on IRC? :)

If there is no Porthos, the REAL star in this ep I'll be very upset

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I think the Vulcans change drastically from how T'Pol acts, right about the same time the Klingons will lose their ridges. :D

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I never even watched one whole episode last season. But I'll tune in tonight. I can always change the channel faster than one can say "Engage"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks