What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81PYhi8XnRL._SX522_.jpg

Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Series

On Blu-ray
Release Date: February 14

Description: Relive the journey of the original starship Enterprise when all four seasons of the sci-fi series Star Trek: Enterprise: The Complete Series arrive on Blu-ray and DVD in a new collection. The Blu-ray set will arrive exclusively at Best Buy January 10, and everywhere February 14. The DVD collection will arrive on DVD everywhere January 10.

Star Trek: Enterprise: The Complete Series features all 98 episodes digitally remastered in high-definition on 24 discs for the Blu-ray and on 27 discs for the DVD alongside a trove of special features such as commentaries, deleted scenes from select episodes and archival mission logs.

Set one hundred years before Captain James T. Kirk helmed the famous starship of the same name, Star Trek: Enterprise takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy. Starring Scott Bakula (“NCIS: New Orleans”) as Captain Jonathan Archer, the series follows the adventures of the Enterprise NX-01, the first Earth-built vessel capable of breaking the Warp 5 barrier, and its intrepid crew of brave explorers. As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these pioneers will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.

Blu-ray Specifications:
  • Fullscreen Format
  • English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • German 5.1 Surround
  • Italian 5.1 Surround
  • French, Castilian, Japanese Stereo Surround
  • English SDH, French, German, Castilian, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish Subtitles
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I got an earlier BD release of ENTERPRISE and must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I did when it was originally broadcast. Still had problems with it but there are a lot of very, very good episodes. And seeing it in HD for the first time was a nice bonus.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got an earlier BD release of ENTERPRISE and must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I did when it was originally broadcast. Still had problems with it but there are a lot of very, very good episodes. And seeing it in HD for the first time was a nice bonus.

Yeah, I picked up the original sets after I had exhausted all other Trek, and Enterprise was surprisingly good. Better than Voyager overall, and canceled just as it was starting to become what it should have been from day one.

The only problem I had with the episodes was the VFX looked a bit video gamey at times. But, it was CGI on an early 2000s TV budget, so I can forgive it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Several years ago, I revisited Enterprise on DVD, and I found I liked it more than when it originally aired. I'm in the middle of revisiting it again on blu-ray, and I enjoy it even more. It's a great show. I find I like it a lot more than Voyager, which never grabbed me.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, it is odd. Given a choice between VOY and ENT, I'd watch ENT, though at the time ENT first aired, I liked VOY a lot more.

For me I think it had to do with expectations. ENT failed to deliver those to me back at the turn of the century. But now I have no expectations and can enjoy the show for what it is.

And there is a lot there to enjoy about ENT.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm hoping to watch this series again in the future.
A deep space 9 revisit is next.
I just finished voyager so I am taking some time off before starting another trek series!!!

I've been eyeing the region 2 U.K. Blu ray set of enterprise. Cheaper and region free.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Same here. I have to get over the feeling that my DVDs are "good enough for now" though...
I went through that same struggle. But for me Star Trek is in a class all its own. I decided it was a franchise I would go all in for HD, if available.

I didn't regret it, but only because I hadn't seen the show in 12 years and it was much better on a second viewing, as I explained above.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'll tell ya...Enterprise is not my favorite series, but I jumped on the BD releases on day of release. They look great, the bonus features are entertaining and the episodes...well, you can rewatch them and find new things in them you never saw before.

I don't regret those purchases in any way. That being said, the BD will likely be the last time I buy any Trek series, barring SD chip technology or something incredibly goofy like that.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went through that same struggle. But for me Star Trek is in a class all its own. I decided it was a franchise I would go all in for HD, if available.

I didn't regret it, but only because I hadn't seen the show in 12 years and it was much better on a second viewing, as I explained above.
I fully agree about Star Trek being a class all its own. TNG has always been my least favorite of the Star Trek series but, in spite of that, I purchased the region free BR set. My grandson watched quite a few episodes with my while I was working my way through that set. He's never particularly cared for Star Trek. I'd tried several times to get him interested with episodes of TOS without much success. BUT watching those TNG episodes, he developed a liking for the series and *finally* admitted, after watching a few S7 episodes, "Wow, Pa! I see now why you like this stuff so much! That's pretty good!" I wish I'd asked just what changed his mind but I was too excited that he liked the show to really care. :)

I've only seen Enterprise once, and that was on DVD. I watched a episode or two when it originally aired but just couldn't get into it, partly due to the horrible "theme" song. I need to get the DVDs out and watch it again, this time without the long gaps between seasons I'd done the first time through, and finally decide if I'm going for the BR set or not.

I'm kind of regretting not picking it up from Amazon UK when it dropped to £31.99 last August. Still, the current £39.99 isn't *that* much more expensive as exchange rate favors the dollar more than back then. And I *do* like that "MegaPak" packaging (I can never remember the official name of that case) better than that used with the DVDs...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon UK is having a one day £10 off £50 purchase (the 20th only - already under way as it's "tomorrow" in the UK) so I threw in a couple of other items to hit the minimum (it uses the pre-VAT price for US customers) and picked up Enterprise on region free BR.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Amazon UK is having a one day £10 off £50 purchase (the 20th only - already under way as it's "tomorrow" in the UK) so I threw in a couple of other items to hit the minimum (it uses the pre-VAT price for US customers) and picked up Enterprise on region free BR.
I don't think you'll regret it. For me, the series has aged very well.

Just for fun, here are a baker's dozen of my "best of the best" top-rated episodes of ENTERPRISE.

Season 1
The Andorian Incident
Dear Doctor
Shuttlepod One

Season 2
A Night In Sickbay
Cogenitor
First Flight

Season 3
Simillitude
Twilight

Season 4
Observer Effect
Babel One
United
The Aenar
In A Mirror Darkly

Would be fun to see others' "Best of Best" Lists :)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
That's a great list, Carabimero. I liked Enterprise somewhat when it first aired, and really got into it for the fourth season. I rewatched the series a few years ago when some HD channel showed it (I think it was just called "The HD Channel," but I may be remembering wrong)... and then I LOVED it. I watched it again via Netflix, and I'm thinking about snagging it on Blu at some near-future point. The show was/is vastly underrated. Those multi-episode arcs in season four are epic.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That's a great list, Carabimero. I liked Enterprise somewhat when it first aired, and really got into it for the fourth season. I rewatched the series a few years ago when some HD channel showed it (I think it was just called "The HD Channel," but I may be remembering wrong)... and then I LOVED it. I watched it again via Netflix, and I'm thinking about snagging it on Blu at some near-future point. The show was/is vastly underrated. Those multi-episode arcs in season four are epic.
I'm glad you liked the list. I have short lists like this for all my favorite series, when I just want to sit down and binge on the best of the best in a day or two. As I get older, I find I have less time to go through an entire series run to get to the "good stuff."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My favorite of the entire series is the three-part Vulcan's Forge in the fourth season. (The Forge/Awakening/Kir'Shara.)

Many other favorites as well, but those always stood out to me. The fourth season really is my favorite. I feel the show had just hit its highest points ever, creatively.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My favorite of the entire series is the three-part Vulcan's Forge in the fourth season. (The Forge/Awakening/Kir'Shara.)

Many other favorites as well, but those always stood out to me. The fourth season really is my favorite. I feel the show had just hit its highest points ever, creatively.

That's because it embraced what it was: a TOS prequel. They had writers who knew franchise history and could reasonably write those stories. There may be four total episodes in S4 I don't care for, which is pretty good ratio when you look at a full season. The writing was on the wall when the year started and we're lucky we got that S4.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I don't think you'll regret it. For me, the series has aged very well.

Just for fun, here are a baker's dozen of my "best of the best" top-rated episodes of ENTERPRISE.

Season 1
The Andorian Incident
Dear Doctor
Shuttlepod One

Season 2
A Night In Sickbay
Cogenitor
First Flight

Season 3
Simillitude
Twilight

Season 4
Observer Effect
Babel One
United
The Aenar
In A Mirror Darkly

Would be fun to see others' "Best of Best" Lists :)

I looked back over my reviews of the individual seasons and the following are what I called out as the best from each season:

Season One
Broken Bow
The Andorian Incident
Dear Doctor
Silent Enemy
Shockwave Part I

Season Two
The Crossing
Cogenitor
Singularity
Stigma
The Expanse

Season Three
Anomaly
Impulse
Twilight
Carpenter Street
Similitude
Azati Prime
Zero Hour

Season Four
Storm Front Part I / Storm Front Part II
The Forge / Awakening / Kir’Shara
Babel One / United / The Aenar
In a Mirror, Darkly Part I / In a Mirror, Darkly Part II

Of course, in my reviews I explain why they're the highlights :)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
My favorite episode was the Nazi alternate timeline two-part episode Stormfront.

I still have it on the dvr, and frequently watch it over and over again. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks