What's new

Stage Under Construction (1 Viewer)

Bill*L

Grip
Based on information obtained in this forum, I have started building the framing for my stage that will hold my 55" Projection TV, front speakers, and subwoofer. As I plan to complete this in the very near future I need to ask a couple questions.
I want the cablesspeaker wire totally hidden and for them to come up through the stage at the location where they will be needed. The stage will be filled with insulation and the flooring will be 1.5" of MDF. I will be carpeting the stage once it is complete. So now with the questions. Does it matter what type of carpet I use? Plush? Berber? Indoor/Outdoor? Basically concerned about getting the best sound. How should I bring the cables up through the flooring? Just drill holes through carpetingfloor? Wall Plates?
Thanks for any help on these questions.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, What type of sub will you be using? A sub placed on a stage, even filled with insulation, will probably create plenty of vibration that may not be condusive to your RPTV. I know my SVS would eat my RPTV guns for lunch during excessive LFE's!

Tom Kay

Stunt Coordinator
I will be building a stage too, roughly 7 or 8 inches high. I'll use typical construction methods, with probably 2 layers of mdf or plywood on the top.

I am concerned about placing the sub on the stage, but this would be the best location, just for equipment placement reasons. So what about controlling all of the boominess? It was mentioned that even stuffing the stage with insulation would not be enough to stop this from happening.

I'd really prefer to NOT have to fill the whole thing with sand, but what if the section(s) below the sub were sand filled? Would this do the trick in keeping the stage from being a big boom box?

Cheers, Tom.

Bill*L

Grip
Can someone give some input on this topic? I really need to hear some experience on whether the sub should or should not be placed on the stage in regards to RPTVs.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks