Stacking Components (Receiver on top of DVD player)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Sharp, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Chris Sharp

Chris Sharp Agent

Hey guys,

Quick question. I got a Panasonic CP-72 DVD player for xmas. I am quickly reaching the limits of my garage sale TV cabinet. For the time being I would like to put my receiver (Onkyo 797 - 35lbs) on top of the DVD player. The manual for the DVD player says not to put any heavy objects on top of it. What is their definition of heavy? Any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Travis Destasio

Travis Destasio Auditioning

Is there some reason why you can't place the dvd player on top of the reciever. I personally wouldn't put my reciever on top of my dvd player but the other way around would be fine.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM should you do either.

Yes, that receiver is considered "heavy". (Do you have anything in your rack heavier???)

4. Chris Sharp

Chris Sharp Agent

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid that the receiver was consider a heavy object. Guess that means its time for a new entertainment unit and widescreen tv!

I knew putting it on top of the receiver was not option. Not enough ventilation for the Receiver, and too much heat for the DVD player.

I'll find an interim solution while I am looking around for entertainment centers.

Thanks!