1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Spotted a new L&H Collection but seems to be filled with public domain and silent content.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by rmw650, Nov 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ThadK

ThadK Second Unit

The UK Blu-Ray will not have the UCLA/Jeff Joseph restorations.

2. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    I'll be ordering this , but I'm wondering - will the five films look better than what we now have? Will some "tweaking" be done to the tapes they DO have , and will the fact that they are now on BD also offer an improvement over what we already have? Just wondering. As I mentioned I'll be ordering regardless , but I'm hoping they will look even better than what we already have, which isn't bad .

Tony Bensley likes this.
  3. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    Unfortunately, most of the reviews for the above set aren't very good, citing such things as upscaling of the previous 2011 DVD transfers (Though to be fair, those were scanned at 1080p.), and interlacing.

To top it off, two of the Amazon UK reviews cite these discs as Region B locked, despite Amazon's Region Free listing!

Here's the Amazon UK page:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07JG786KX/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

CHEERS! :)

Brent Reid likes this.
  4. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    I've only watched one of the features on the UK set so far... Pardon Us. It's a huge step up from the DVDs... the best I've ever seen this film look. However it uses the bloated overlong "restored" version that has 20 minutes of trims put into it. I wish they would release this film in the original release again. I don't think it has been put out that way since the VHS era. More is not always better.