What's new

Spongebob Squarepants On Dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
Yay! From DVD File (www.dvdfile.com):
Last but not least, 3/12 sees the debut of the first installment of Sponge Bob, featuring the episodes "Nautical Nonsense" and "Sponge Buddies." The episodes are presented in full frame and 2.0 surround, along with episode guide, the "Violent Femmes Sing SpongeBob," a "Backstage Pants" featurette, and "SpongeBob Secrets." Retail is $19.95.
I am so excited....
Even though it is a kids' show, it has smart (and stupid) writing and many other great things, IMO.
I hope the episodes listed are the first two though. Paramount has only released Star Trek (AFAIK) as a TV product on DVD and they have the episodes in order.
So, that is on my list for March!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Oh yes!!! Me and my 3 year old daughter and the whole family for that matter LOVE Spongebob.

We will definitely be picking this up as soon as it's out!

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Wow, how did this show get a DVD release? I'm happy for it, because the more TV on DVD the better. But with all the highly-demanded product out there, this makes it to DVD. Mind-boggling. But in a good way.

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Ya! I love Spongebob Squarepants!! I think I like it more than my kids. Many a night my wife came into the living room wondering what the hell I am laughing at so much.

This will be a must own!

Matt

Who lives in a pineapple unde the sea???

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
$20 for 2 episodes? I hate to say it, but as much as I love Spongebob...they're not gonna take me for that much. I've got a ton of the eps captured to my hard drives, I'll stick with them.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
What's the name of the ep where SpongeBob gets the new pair of boots that squeak everytime he takes a step, ddewwwww!!

-Bert

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
Even though there are only two episodes listed, Both are over 60 minutes long and contain 5 episodes. So at least ten episodes.

This DVD is a SpongeBob SquarePants double feature playing "Nautical Nonsense" and "Sponge Buddies." "Nautical Nonsense" (62min.) - Join SpongeBob and his friends Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Sandy for five over-the-top stories from down in the deep blue sea. "Sponge Buddies" (61min.) - Some say it takes two to tango. But in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob's city beneath the sea, it takes two to douse the day in disaster! Contains 5 tickling tales.

I can't wait!!!!

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
Like Randy said, this is not two episodes. The report was apparently read wrong by many. It is TWO main features, but they contain 5 episodes. What I'm guessing is that this is a DVD-18 that when you play one of the two titles listed, it will play the 5 episodes and I am pretty sure that you can also randomly select the episodes too.
I sure hope Paramount is doing a DVD-18 on this... :)

PatrickL

Deceased Member
What's the name of the ep where SpongeBob gets the new pair of boots that squeak everytime he takes a step,
Bert, that one is called, oddly enough, "Squeaky Boots" :)
Does anyone know what eps will be on this disc? "Nautical Nonsense" and "Sponge Buddies" are not, afaik, titles of any of the eps I've ever seen.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Randy, I'll be buying now :) Wish that DVDfile would have reported it as 2 sets of episode compilations. This is indeed great news!!!
Happy New Year!

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
My little sister is going to cream her pants when she finds out Spongebob is coming to DVD! I'm a little apprehensive about it though, because no matter how good it may be, I don't think I'll be able to handle her watching it multiple times a day for weeks on end (or until the next batch of episodes comes out).

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I guess I can stop work on my second Spongebob DVD for my kids (OK, for me too :) ). This is GREAT news! With the episodes being about 12 minutes each, I'm guessing that these "titles" for the DVDs are compilation titles, and at 62 minutes we're seeing about 5 episodes per disc. Anyone know WHICH episodes are on each disc?
"...and drowning, don't forget drowning!"
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks