What's new

SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Does anyone have any information on why we have yet to see a Blu-ray release of SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS? Are there rights issues or issues with the film elements? I thought it was odd that Warners released PENELOPE on Blu-ray but not SITG.

Just to be clear, I am not criticizing Warners for their decision, nor am I denouncing PENELOPE or anyone who likes the movie. I happen to enjoy the movie and purchased the Blu-ray. I'm simply curious because I've always thought of SITG as a major film in Natalie Wood's career, and the most likely candidate among all of her Warners titles for a Blu-ray release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The obvious answer lies with the current DVD of Splendor In The Grass. If it's any indication of the film's condition, it needs major work done to make it acceptable for HD. I assume Penelope was in pristine condition and needed no or very little work done to make it acceptable for HD.

I have no doubt that Warners is working on it and eventually, it will see the light of day on blu. The same with The Nun's Story.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
SITG is one of William Inge's masterpieces not on blu ray. Another is "The Dark At The Top Of The Stairs".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks