What's new

Spider-Man - Widescreen Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I received the movie in the mail on Nov 1 and nearly 2 weeks later finally get a chance to watch it. Anyway, I noticed a problem on my "Widescreen Special Edition". To be honest, it wasn't until the end that I looked at the cover to confirm "Widescreen" and checked the settings on the dvd player (Pioneer DV434) to make sure its set to 16:9.
The problem is the movie is being displayed in Full screen format.

To confirm there is nothing wrong with the dvd player, I checked Star Wars EpI and sure enough Widescreen Presentation.

Anyone other than myself running into this problem?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, it wasn't until the end that I looked at the cover to confirm "Widescreen" and checked the settings on the dvd player (Pioneer DV434) to make sure its set to 16:9.
Do you have a widescreen TV? If not, having your player set to 16:9 is wrong.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
IIRC, my Spider-Man Widescreen showed on my widescreen TV, with a Pioneer DV-434 and filled the screen in the full mode, not even small black bars like AOTC.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, my Spider-Man Widescreen showed on my widescreen TV, with a Pioneer DV-434 and filled the screen in the full mode, not even small black bars like AOTC.
That would be correct, as "Spider-Man" is 1.85:1 widescreen whereas "Star Wars AOTC" is 2.35:1 widescreen...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks