What's new

USHE Announcement: Battlestar Galactica 35th Anniversary (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
image_jpg_beta.jpeg

Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 8/6/2013 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 9/17/1978 Synopsis: In the deepest reaches of space, it is a fight to save all human life from extinction in this sci-fi adventure that launched the Battlestar Galactica phenomenon! After The Cylons launch a devastating surprise attack on the Twelve Colonies, a lone flagship battlestar, the Galactica, remains to aid the surviving colonists on their epic journey for a new home to a far-off legendary planet -– Earth. They must survive the pursuing Cylons in a series of epic battles that will determine the fate of the human race in this non-stop action-packed classic filled with cutting-edge special effects by Academy Award® winner John Dykstra (Star Wars, Spider-Man 2). Blu-ray Widescreen 35th Anniversary(61124996) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-21707-9-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 8/6/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 5 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: French European DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Spanish Edition: 35th Anniversary Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen (61023808) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-23808-2-2 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 2/14/2006 PreOrder Date: 1/10/2006 Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 5 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-10 (Double Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Dual Audio: English Dolby Digital 1.1 Mono French Dolby Digital 1.1 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: [deleted]N/A Bonus Features: • Production Notes • Cast and Filmmakers • A Behind the Scenes Look at the Making of the Battlestar Galactica Interactive Game • Sneak Preview Into the New Battlestar Galactica Mini-Series • Now Showing DVD Widescreen (61023808) : Disc 1 (Side B) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-23808-2-2 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 2/14/2006 PreOrder Date: 1/10/2006 Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W - Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I think this is the first three episodes of the original series edited into a theatrical release. I have this on DVD, never thought it would see a Blu-ray release!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't think so Adam. The running time is 2hrs 5 min same as the blu that was just released as a BB exclusive.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Adam is close. It's actually a theatrical edit of the 3-hour pilot, "Saga of a Star World". It played theatrically outside the U.S. just prior to the U.S. television premier, and later released theatrically in the U.S. just after the series cancellation.

I was confused because others here in other BG threads have already mentioned buying this a Best Buy, and I wondered why the release date above said August? I didn't realize it was an exclusive release from BB.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I assume that it is a Best Buy exclusive until August. I went ahead and got it from Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks