What's new

Speaking of Queensryche..... (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
How is the DCC Gold Disc of "Empire" compared to the mass-market release? Is there a significant increase in sound quality?
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Philip:
Sorry that I am not answering your question, but I have a related one of my own: have you been able to find a copy of the DCC Empire?
Digital Compact Classics is no longer fulfilling orders via their Website (even though Link Removed is still up for information purposes as of this typing, their e-tail partner's site does not load when you attempt to process your shopping cart). They were also not answering their phone when I tried calling just before Christmas or today when I tried again.
Based upon my (and perhaps your?) positive experience with the DCC product in the past, I would recommend that you go ahead and purchase a copy of the DCC Empire if you find it on a shelf somewhere. Not unlike MoFi's Ultradiscs's prior to MusicDirect (http://www.amusicdirect.com) picking up the torch, the only way you can get DCC gold discs right now is to serendipitously find them on the shelves of stores that once stocked them where they did not sell already.
Of course, all this begs the question: has anyone heard of a possible DVD-A release of Empire?
Cheers,

RicP

Screenwriter
Philip,
YES! Grab one while you can! Try elusivedisc.com or some of the other audiophile channels.
DCC is essentially OOB, so grab them while you can!
Now where's the friggin remaster of Mindcrime!!! :angry:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Well, it's remarkable what a few months time can do. To comment on two issues in my own post above:
the only way you can get DCC gold discs right now is to serendipitously find them on the shelves of stores that once stocked them where they did not sell already. said:
Here's the kicker: as I say here http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=7671, Capitol has announced a DVD-A release of Empire. "Would you like to know more?" No release date to my knowledge as of this typing. E-mail if you wish and I'll reply when I hear of a date.
Cheers,
Paul

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Capitol has announced a DVD-A release of Empire. "Would you like to know more?" No release date to my knowledge as of this typing.
Actually, EMI announced this several months back along with the following:

Bonnie Raitt: Nick Of Time

Crowded House: Crowded House

Richard Thompson: Rumour And Sigh

The release date was to be Jun 18th, a week from tomorrow. However as none of the major online retailers have any of these available for pre-order as yet, I have my doubts as to whether they'll actually show or not. I received info yesterday that these were being pushed back a bit.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Micahel C:
Yes, those other titles were all mentioned in a new DVD-A release list attached to the e-newsletter I got from AudioRevolution.com the week before last.
A couple of questions: how did you first hear of Capitol/EMI's announcement (and is it the same source that said yesterday these titles were being pushed back?)?
What have you found to be a reliable source of DVD-A announcement/new release information? I've been disappointed in http://www.dvdaudiopreview.com.
Finally, have e-tailers you like always had DVD-As for pre-order in the past? It of course wouldn't be the first time that titles street as announced despite e-tailers not having accepted pre-orders.
Thanks,
Paul

Corey B

Auditioning
queensryche.com has the release date as July 30.
QUEENSRŸCHE
EMPIRE
DVD-AUDIO
IN STORES JULY 30, 2002!!!
This disc also includes a brand new (never before seen) interview with Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo together which took place in March of 2002, videos for Jet City Woman & Silent Lucidity, complete lyrics in synch with the music, biography and discography.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Not really a Queensryche thread anymore but . . .
Of course, the Nick Of Time release Micahel C mentions in his thread #5 above never happened.
But according to Bill Hunt's 2:30 p.m. Bits post last Friday the 10th, Nick is now skedded for April 22 and Capitol/EMI's Pet Sounds is skedded for May 20. So, only a year's delay or so . . . :)
Anyone else find it kinda ironic that Bill is now mildly tubthumping for SACD and DVD-A since his fave acts (The Police, Peter Gabriel) are seeing releases, despite his having often poo-poo'd the formats in the past? (And whatever happened to Bits' "audio guru" Frank Ortiz, who was introduced at the site as the one who would be covering all things audio . . . and then disappeared?)
Paul

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Philip:
"Dude" . . . Not sure what your post is supposed to mean (Bill gets a pass?), but it's probably a subject for another thread . . . or e-mail . . . ? ;)
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks