What's new

Speakers (1 Viewer)

Fadi Faraj

Auditioning
Im looking for some speakers for my Apartment next year. What do you guys recomend, and where can i get a good deal? I was looking on UBid.com?? What do you guys think of it? Thanks

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Fadi:

Do you have any idea how much you are willing to spend on speakers. If you search this forum you will find lots of suggestions for different budgets. I would also spend the next five months auditioning as many speakers as you can.

Good luck.

Fadi Faraj

Auditioning
Around $800 dollars is what Im looking to spend. I also have friends that work at Circuit City, and Best Buy so if you guys know of any speakers those two carry, I can afford to get somehting better for the money. Thanks

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
How many speakers are you planning on getting. I mean, are you going for a full 5.1 system with 5 speakers and a subwoofer or are you just going for 2 speakers, etc? Well, either way, I would look into the JBL Studio Series at Best Buy even though Best Buy, or most any stores like that, aren't the best places to demo speakers as they probably just hooked wire to it and didn't do any calibrations. But, I do know that the JBL Studio Series speakers are pretty good. I'm thinking about getting all JBL's in my room. I already have the S-Center which is a really nice speaker.

Circuit City has some good brands as well, such as Infinity and Polk Audio. If your looking for a sub, I'd recommend looking at Circuit City for that...because Best Buy doesn't carry to many good ones. I know that CC has Velodyne Subs which are supposed to be good. You can also check on-line for speakers as well and you can get good prices on-line as well. But, if you have friends who can get you a discount at CC and BB, I'm pretty sure that would come out cheaper. Well, hope this helps...and good luck on your path to getting an incredible audio setup.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Fadi,

Welcome to HTF.

You certainly CAN get speakers from Ubid.com. Whether you SHOULD is a different question. Some people just want "speakers". Preferably something impressive looking. Others (most of the folks at these forums) may prefer sound over looks. Ubid can certainly save you some $$ over "list price"--but be sure you know the speaker in question before going for the "deal". I think that in many cases Ubid's offerings are more oriented towards the folks who just want "speakers". . .

As was pointed out, lots of past threads may give examples of speakers within your budget. Just poke through the past several weeks and see what you come across.

While your friends at CC and BB may be able to get you a nice discount, I'd urge you to also consider some of the internet sales driven speakerlines as well. Axiom and Rocket (the old Diva) are two good examples. Good speakers; great prices.

What will you be driving the speakers with? (in terms of components)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks