What's new

Speakers snap, crackle and pop like rice crispy's (1 Viewer)

StormShadow

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Ok this is my first post on here and I'm not sure if it belongs in this forum or somewhere else, if this is in the wrong place mods could you please move it to the proper spot?

I have an older RCA 2250 HTIB unit that I decided to put into my office, so I can have a bit better sound from my LCD HD TV, seeing as I spend most of my weekdays in there doing work. I hooked up my TV, HD Cable Box and PC to the receiver. I Have an HDMI cable going from the Cable Box to the TV, Monster RCA cables from the HD box to the RCA receiver.

Here is the problem, I keep getting a popping/crackling noise from my all of my speakers and it is getting really annoying. I have tried noise filters on the power line, different outlets, 2 sets of RCA Audio cables, and I even changes my speaker wire from 16 gauge to 14 just in case that was the issue. I'm not sure what else I can try, it seems to happen more frequently when I'm watching something in HD, but that might just be me.

The other issue is when I shut the RCA receiver off for a few hours and turn it back on all I get is static for the first 10 minutes or so, then it goes to a low buzzing, then silence and finally after about 10 minutes of silence I finally get sound from the TV or PC.

Any ideas?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It just sounds like the HTIB head unit is cooked. At least that is my gut feeling.

StormShadow

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I really would not be surprised if it was done, but the odd thing is I has been used next to never. Then again it is an RCA :frowning:

dsf3g

Auditioning
Real Name
David Flores
I've got an older Sony stereo headunit that does that, but only on the Spielberg "War of the Worlds" DVD. I just got a Onkyo 5.1 amp, and am waiting on my speakers to arrive. Hopefully this will take care of taht problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks