What's new

Speakers and Room size (1 Viewer)

ChristW

Agent
Hi all,
My room is only going to be 12'x12' (but will be open to another 12'x12' room, as well as the staircase going up). So with that, are there any speaker limitations I should look at?

My wife and I listened to some lower-end Klipsch speakers (SB-3) a few months ago and we both really liked them. When I checked their site, I realized that we might be able to do better. I looked at the RF-7s, and was very impressed and they fit into my budget. However, is that going to sound good in my relatively small room?

For the record, I'd like to buy the best speakers I can right now and not have to buy new ones for a good 10-20 years if possible. We'll probably move out of our current place in 4-5 years, so I want to be able to grow into any speakers I buy now. But I also don't want the speakers I buy now to sound like crap until I get the new place.

So I guess my question basically boils down to, if I buy big speakers now, will they sound good in my room? Or should I get less powerful speakers and just hope that I don't have to upgrade later?

Thanks all!
Chris

Jason_Me

Stunt Coordinator
In a room that small, you should really be looking at mini-monitors. Large speakers need room to breath, or the bass can be overpowering.

I actually have Klipsch RB5.II's in a 11'x12' room. I liked how they sounded when I got them, but after living with them for almost a year, the brightness is getting to me.

In a couple weeks I'll be getting some GR-Resaerch Criterion's

http://www.gr-research.com/lucidity/criterion.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks