What's new

speaker stands (1 Viewer)

Brad A

Agent
Who makes REASONABLE priced (good quality) stands for small bookshelves? (JBL N24) If rear speakers should be 2-4 ft over my head ..How come I can't find a stand that goes that tall? thanks

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Link Removed has some pretty nice stands for the money. I bought the metal stands and they're pretty sturdy and sand fillable too. Also it comes out to be 120 shipped. there's also cheaper ones too made by sanus.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
None of the stands that PE has will put surrounds 2' above your head, unless you are sitting on the floor. Take a look at the wall mounting brackets there though. Nobody makes stands that tall because it's not practical for shipping or placement purposes and they wouldn't be very stable without a mass loaded base in most cases.
It's also a good idea to do a search on questions like this first.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=85965

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Hear, Hear on using the search feature. General questions about speaker stands and surge protectors can be found in past threads (more than likely). If you don't find your specific answer (after reading the posts) then follow up with a post. This is the most efficient way to get your answers fast.
Not knowing what price range you define as reasonable...I suggest www.soundanchors.com They make top quality stands. AND, can custom make stands for your specific needs.
Good Luck and welcome to the forum
Ron

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had the same dillemma a couple of years ago. I ended up making my own stands with 6 foot threaded rods. I have 4 shelves for each stand and have the speakers on the top shelf. These shelves are patterned after the Synergy, Salamander stands.

All parts for both stands came to a little over $100. E-mail me if you want anymore details on my project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks