What's new

Speaker setup question (1 Viewer)

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Hey there,

I'm thinking about picking up a surround package of pro-linear speakers from a&b sound. I'm gonna hook them up to a Yamaha RX-V530 which I will be largely using for music and pc as well as home theatre.

Just wondering whether you guys have any coments on speaker set ups or pro-linear speakers in general.

Thanks

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Prolinear is a type of shock for race cars. The other option would be progressive.

I'll assume that company gave it that name to relate the frequency response to the shock springs as being constant and lineal.

hehe, sorry for off topic, havn't heard them but if I was in Canada I'd think aboot Paradigms.

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
hahaha

Thanks Chris, I'll check out the Paradigms.

Does anyone else have any opions on whether I should buy bookshelfs and rears and centre or just go for a satellite package.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to check out the Athena Technologies Audition Series speakers at Future Shop. They are an excellent buy for the money. Visions sell the Athena Technologies home theater in a box system. It received a positive review recently in Sound & Vision. I'm not sure if these stores are in your area of Canada.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks