What's new

speaker recommendations for $300 or so range? fronts, rears etc... (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Anyone have any good recommendations or speakers to check out in that price range(300-450 or so). I am not sure if this is a good price range or what for a good pair. They will be used for half music, half movies.

I assume for $300- 450 + or so you can get a good pair of fronts?

For around the same price range I need a pair of rears and a center speaker and a subwoofer.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

I am still looking for a reciever and am mainly leaning on the Onkyo 595 so far.

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
If you are patient an amazing speaker setup from nOrh/SVS is what I would recommend. I replaced a mix of Canton/KEF speakers and a DefTech sub with the nOhr 4.0 video system in ceramic and an SVS 20-39CS sub. The nOrhs are running $850.00 (includes shipping) for 5 identical (1 shielded) speakers and the sub is just under $500.00. I am in HT nirvana. The sub is powered by an Adcom stereo amp that was laying around gathering dust. The reason I prefaced this with "patience"...it took two months for the nOrhs to be shipped from Thailand. WELL WORTH THE WAIT! For less than $1400.00 you get a system that sounds incredible. The SVS sub blends seamlessly with the nOrhs and the whole setup excels in both HT and music. Check out www.norh.com for more information...its a great website.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
For your price range, try either Paradigm Monitor 3's or Monitor 5's. These are compact, large bookshelp to small tower sized. Monitor 7's are small towers, about 32" in height, but cost about $600. I have spent a couple hours in listening rooms with these, and the entire Paradigm monitor line is sensational. Sound is about comparable to several $1500+ pairs I heard.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I've got to agree with Terry here. For $850 I'd go with the ceramic 4.0 setup. It sounds incredible. You can also swap out the fronts (today only due to the last day of the Christmas sale) with the wood 5.1s and it will still be a seemless integration. The wood 4.0 package can be had for $775 again for today only. The ceramic 4.0 price is $850 regardless.

For a sub, I love SVS! If you have something to power it with, get a 16-46 or 20-39CS+. If not, look at the Adire Audio Rava or Dharman, HSU VTF-2, or SVS 20-39CS or 25-31CS+ and buy something to power them with.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks