What's new

Speaker placement 16x25 room (1 Viewer)

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have my TV and couch positioned on opposite 25' walls. My mains are either side of the TV and my surrounds are 6' off each edge of couch on wall w/ the rear center directly behind the main listening position on rear wall. I want to move my TV to be centered on the 16' wall. This would put my couch about 16-17 feet behind the 16' wall the TV is on but only about 12-13' from the actual TV which should work fine for my 65" TV. My problem is where to now place my surrounds? If I put them all the way to rear of room which would be my preference then they will be at least 8' behind the couch and not leaving me with a place to put my center surround due to a rear door on back 16' fall. This brings up my 2nd question. With my rear surrounds 16' apart will I need my rear center speaker? I know this is alot of questions and probably confusing but any help would be appreciated.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
Did some reading at Dolby's website and I think I'm just gonna go with a 5.1 setup and leave my rear center out. Put my rear surrounds on the walls as before. I think it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks