What's new

Speaker Hum (1 Viewer)

Chris Ryan

Agent
I had posted before about my speakers humming when using my system. Someone replied and told me it might be a ground loop. I figured out that it was my tv (Elite Pro 610), that was causing the problem. Everytime I turn it on they start humming. I have BP2000's. Would pulling the speakers out so the back of them are even with the front of the TV work? I thought the speakers were shielded. It does not do anything to the picture. My center channel is on top of the tv. I have a monster HTS-3500, but I can't plug the tv into it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
I have bp2000TL's sitting next to an Elite rptv and there are no humming problems. You should try to clean up your cables a bit and keep the main speaker wires a bit away from the other wires, as there may be interference. When my wires got cluttered a bit I noticed a very slight hum in my center channel...but this went away when I cleaned up the wiring.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
aren't all interconnects "shielded"...
confused.gif

------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Chris: setup your system so the HUMM is noticible. Then disconnect your CATV coax. This is a common source of this problem.
If the CATV coax IS the problem, try this link for a solution:
http://www.dplay.com/tutorial/cablehum.html
Ted: No, not all interconnects are shielded. Some are made with twisted-pair wire.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
Try putting a 100 watt incandescent light in the same circuit. It worked for me.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
This site has all the information and answers to your difficulty:
Link Removed
Best regards-Henry
PS A 100 watt light bulb really doesn't help. My difficulty has been in the CATV cable. By using a CATV RF Isolator (price $50) or similiar product you can reduce the hum to almost zero if it is in the CATV cable. of course there are eight million other possible reasons for the hum-interconnects, adjacent cables, cables on cables, other appliances, poor grounding etc.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks