What's new

Speaker Break In... (1 Viewer)

JustinJB

Grip
The manufacturer of my speakers suggests a 50-100 hour break in with a "wide-dynamic range" cd on repeat (wide dynamic range??). In any case, if I have a CD in, wouldn't that only be playing on the front three speakers, leaving the back ones un-broken in? If so, are there any 5.1 channel "break in" tracks I can download online and burn to CD?

Thanks very much for your time.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Highly debated topic. I've seen data that supports both sides - a little vague on the AGAINST side, and very specific on the FOR side from someone I respect. I can't honestly say I've heard it on any of my personal speakers. Now, the data provided showed that there was a slight change in parameters for the drivers when measured, however it wasn't shown or clear whether this would translate into an acutal difference in the resulting sound. Basically, just use them as normal and they will ultimately break in and be fine.

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator
Do you by any chance have Athena speakers? (that sounds like a quote from their manual) Anyways, play with the settings on your receiver and you can turn ProLogic on to make the audio come out of all the speakers.

Hope it helps,
AL

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
don't you have multichannel stereo setting on your receiver? You could always get an SACD or DVD-Audio disc. Please, spare a thought for a dying format...

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The parameters change but the changes are generally within the driver to driver tolerances. Besides, after they rest, the parameters come back to the orignal values. The manufacturer wants you to give them a fair evaluation. So evaluate them and if you don't like them make sure you can return them within the grace period.

JustinJB

Grip
Ahh very good...I was wondering about the validity of breaking-in to begin with. And yes, I do have the Athena speakers.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks