What's new

Speaker Auditions! (1 Viewer)

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
I just did an extensive (read: 40+hrs) amount of car-audio research, so im not too hot on doing everything on the web this time.

This is my list of brands i intend to audition:

-B&W (@Audio Consultants)
-Energy (@Midwest Stereo)
-JBL (i'll try best buy, already have some s26's though)
-Klipsch (@Tweeter)
-Paradigm (@Midwest Stereo, Promusica)
-Polk (@Circuit City)
-Athena (@Midwest Stereo or Sound Unlimited)
-Boston Acoustics (@Tweeter)

If there is a not-so-good dealer on here save me the trip!

And, if anyone knows of other speaker manufacturers which allow auditioning in the Chicago area, let me know.

Wish me luck!

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
for Paradigm, you might wanna try Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates. They are really nice people and will let you take home speakers to audition for as long as you need. I called Midwest Stereo and Promusica, and they told me over the phone that they don't allow in-home auditioning.

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the hoffman estates info, i'll keep it in mind if i feel a need for an in home audition :)
As far as Midwest stereo, they have the speakers but the staff and room is not well equiped to do a good audition.
Promusica was great, and Tweeter was great too, but i didn't like their line of speakers as much.
I'm shooting for a budget of $1000-1500 for the: 4 speakers+center+sub, receiver.
As far as my auditions went, see my other thread (Small room, speaker size?).
I like the paradigm atoms, but am interested in hearing axioms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks