What's new

Spare wood, spare speakers, spare time........ (1 Viewer)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
welp i got bored this past week and i remembered that i had a set of Fusion 6.5" 3-way coaxial car audio speakers laying around. So i decided i was going to build a set of home speakers. here is what I came up with.................

http://bigchris.caraudioplanet.com/B...tereoSpeakers/

they are sealed with about .25 cubic feet per speaker. Surprisingly enough they sound pretty good. Definitly alot different than my HT speakers. my wife actually said she prefers these. the sound i feel is best described as "in your face". they would be awesoem speakers for a party. the highs are very crisp and there definitly isnt a lack of them and they defifntly are are subtle. i had to crank up the sub to keep up with them. they are defintly screamers. they only play down tro around 70hz so a sub is a must. what do you guys think? :D

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
They look real nice for a 'left-over' project. Good work. Sounds like something you'd use on your back porch for parties. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

Very creative! Very nice work on those cabinets and stands. I wonder if a nice 10" raw subwoofer from Parts Express and a smaller cabinet - 50L or so would match up nicely with these speakers?

Again, very nice work. :)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
thanks!! i am defintly considereing the idea of actually just keeping them and setting them up maby in our master bedroom. you are right wayne, all it would take would be a small modest sub to round out the low end and it actually wouldnt sound to bad at all, for a secondary room that is.

I used the laminate from parts express. it is only $13 for a role and I must say that for the price I dont think you would be able to get a better finished product. In fact they came out so well that I am really thinking about redoing my other HT enclosures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks