What's new

Space Jam - WIDESCREEN (2-disc SE) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
On the way, Dean, along with every other Police Academy film.

Those, Vegas Vacation, Christmas Story, and Chariots of Fire were all mentioned in the last WB chat.

For everyone mentioning "now if I can just get XXXX, then WB will be done" (I've already said something to that effect in regards to the Grumpy Old Men films): Warner has released many MANY more titles in Non-OAR format than the few mentioned here as "must haves". I'm sure there are few lists of non-OAR releases around this forum. :) Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that I think its naive of us to think that all of these will get re-released in OAR. But I definately appreciated Warner's efforts.

And to throw one more title into the mix: I hope that Private Benjamin finds it's way among the lucky ones. The existing disc - besides OAR issues - has such an abysmal transfer that I passed on it even at $5.88!

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
What's next, a special edition of Pokemon:Mewtwo Strikes Back??

Seriously now, I am happy they are relesing a Space Jam special edition even though I get violentley sick everytime I think of this movie. But, hey, it's still a live action/animation movie and there aren't many of them; and Looney Tunes:Back in Action looks like it might actually not suck, so people will have to see this one first or they'll be totally lost.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I suppose now my wanting of 2-Disc Special Editions for "Who's That Girl?" and "Electric Dreams" doesn't seem so ludicrous.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Hey, if a movie like "Space Jam" can be crowned with the coveted 2-Disc honor, then anything's possible.:)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Warner has released many MANY more titles in Non-OAR format than the few mentioned here as "must haves". I'm sure there are few lists of non-OAR releases around this forum. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that I think its naive of us to think that all of these will get re-released in OAR. But I definately appreciated Warner's efforts.
I think it's safe that we'll never see reissues of the Pokemon movies, Nothing But Trouble, Deathtrap, Grumpier Old Men, or Wrongfully Accused (Morgan Creek).

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I picked up the Japanese DVD of Space Jam to get it in anamorphic widescreen back when Warner went and re-released Space Jam as a special edition but kept it P&S. I'm not sure why the thread-crappers are dropping in, the movie I thought was fairly well received when it came out and did pretty well in the box office. And why not a 2-disc Pokemon movie in widescreen, they could include the Japanese cut for the first time, and my kids could actually watch the movie on my HD set in the ratio is was actually filmed in.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think it's safe that we'll never see reissues of the Pokemon movies, Nothing But Trouble, Deathtrap, Grumpier Old Men, or Wrongfully Accused (Morgan Creek).
I would dispute Grumpier Old Men, because if they did it would be tied with Grumpy Old Men.

WB titles that I'd want upgraded to OAR but probably would never see include Arthur, Cannonball Run II, Clean and Sober, Doc Hollywood, Exit To Eden, Lean On Me, My Fellow Americans, Purple Rain, Sesame Street: Follow That Bird, Stand and Deliver, Stroker Ace, and Witches.

MGM titles I similarly want new versions of include obvious ones like Mr. Mom, Moonstruck, Honeymoon in Vegas, Secret of NiMH, the All Dogs Go To Heaven movies, The Care Bears Movie, and even The Idolmaker and How To Beat The High Cost Of Living. And the upcoming release of Impulse. Just off the top of my head.

Columbia has too long a list to name, but Karate Kid and Perfect would do for starters. I won't even start on Artisan, Rhino, or Disney (but if I'm mentioning 1 title for the latter, then my wife REALLY wants an OAR copy of Babes In Toyland).

Universal is doing a surprising good job of getting out the OAR reissues. Something to keep busy with while they're waiting to get sold, I suppose...but nevertheless a VERY good way to keep busy, and I applaud them for this effort. I would consider it a big favor if they'd start addressing this to their Steve Martin films (The Jerk, etc.)

I know I'm forgetting several things here, but you get my point.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Didn't this movie ALREADY get the Special Edition Treatment? What's on this new one that wasn't on the old single disc release?

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
It's about time. I wasn't going to buy the standard version at all!

Thanks for caring about those who prefer the widescreen Warner. Now, if we could stop saying that DTS sounds that same as Dolby, we would make a break-through!!

RF

I bet this movie will probably have interviews with the cartoon characters for kids appeal :D. Also they should have some making of featurettes and some storyboards on the second disc :emoji_thumbsup:.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
According to the official press release, there will be an hour of Looney Tunes included. I wonder if I should spring for it then, since it looks like totally different shorts from the Golden Collection set. Unless they're the ones Warner hasn't announced yet... Sigh.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I'm not sure why it takes the studios so long to release a title to DVD correctly. I honestly don't know if I have any interest left for this title after all this time. We'll see.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I just didn't notice before, but AnimatedBliss has the following in the specs:

· Commentary by Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and their director Joe Pytka.
Man, I'll definitely have to get this then. An hour of 80s-90s LTs. If a B&M will have this for under $20, I'll snatch it up.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The commentary is actually quite a letdown - it's mostly the actors who do the voices as themselves, there's quite a bit of down time, and Pytka is recorded separately, and pops up from time-to-time.

Nonetheless, I'm glad they're carrying it over, along with - hopefully - everything else from the P&S "Enhanced" Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks