What's new

South Park 03-24-2004 (1 Viewer)

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Is it wrong that I was laughing hysterically at Cartman's "special" character? I just found it tremendously funny.

Also who thinks the Jimmy steroids thing was a take off on the Ben Affleck "after school special" short film about steroids.

And yet another Passion of the Christ reference. They must be really leading up to something big for next week.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The episode was so wrong to laugh at, but I couldn't stop. The kid selling Jimmy the roids had me rolling on the floor and the transformation Eric goes through to be "mentally challenged" was hilarious.

My favorite line was when Eric and his mom went to sign up and Eric's mom asks him what disability he has, and he responds "How am I supposed to know i'm retarded"

wrong, wrong, wrong, but damn funny.

Paul

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was that the joke about celebrities (who supposedly did wrong) just stand there and smile. It was redundant a la Ramsey's parents and O.J. Simpson.

But Cartman's "special" character cracked me up.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought it was hilarious. I'm guessing they had episodes where Ramsey's parents and O.J. Simpsons were like that too. I never saw an episode of South Park until Scooter started up the thread about the "Christmas in Canada" episode, even though I had saw the movie two years ago and thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a lot of only moderately funny stuff to get to the celebrity ending. I did love using "To the Limit" as he was getting prepared to be retarded. And the sign-up stuff was very good. The rest was just not as funny as I had hoped.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else notice that Kyle didn't say a word to Cartman the rest of the episode after Cartman told him how he hadn't seen the Passion and he was going to hell etc.? He didn't even gloat when Cartman ended up finishing last. I wonder if that will kind of roll into the next episode.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Cartman finishing last was great. The fact that he thought he'd beat all the others and ended up losing is funny in itself.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Yeah, in the last episode of the fifth season, Butters' mom finds out that Butters' dad has been going to homosexual type places and has been experimenting with his sexuality, Butters' mom goes crazy and pushes a car with Butters in it down a river to kill him, but after she comes to her senses and relises what she did, Butters' mom and dad just say that Butters was kidnapped by "some Puerto Rican guy". O.J. Simpson, Ramsey's parents, and I think someone else come to their aide and try to support them. At the end of the episode when Butters finally comes back, his parents confess and Butters' dad gives a speech like: "I was so ashamed, I just felt everyone knew the truth, and whenever I would walk down the street and people would look at me, all I could hear was *close up on O.J.* MURDERER! YOU MURDERER! And other times I would hear *Close up on Ramsey's parents* LIAR! YOU KNOW GODDAMN WELL WERE YOUR KID IS! CONFESS!"

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
They replayed the episode tonight, and I enjoyed it. The stuff with Cartman was the high point for me, and him finishing last was not a shock to me. I think Jimmy is cool also, especially when he was experiencing roid rage.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode. I immediately thought to myself that the kids in the Special Olympics might be mentally handicapped, but they are usually not as fat as Cartman. He has definitely had some humiliations this season.

The next episode should be interesting. I wonder if Jesus will come to watch Himself get beat up on the big screen?

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
What movie was the music from they used while Jimmy was experiencing his 'roid rage' ? ? ?

I'm thinking of one, but am not sure and would like other opinions...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think the funniest thing about it was Cartmans perception of handicapped people, which the episode obviously proved his perceptions wrong. The fact that he thought he'd just say "Duh!" and that's how retarded people act.

So it was really more of Cartmans ignorance toward retarded people that made his impression so funny.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings was made popular by the movie Platoon.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

California congressman Gary Condit, who was allegedly having an affair with Chandra Levy when she was reported missing and eventually found dead.

This week's episode had its moments but wasn't as great as the last two, IMO, though Jimmy is always fun.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I thought it was great that they used the cheesy "Tony's Rise to Power" music from "Scarface" as both Jimmy and Cartman cheated their way to the top, and Cartman's serious studying of the mentally handicapped--only to come to the conclusion that being retarded consists of screaming DARUUGH!! I was DYING.

------------------------------------------------
EXT: STREET -- MORNING

The kids are playing trucks, making vroom noises. CARTMAN, in full retarded regalia, waddles up to them

CARTMAN
DEERRR!! Guys, hows it going?

KYLE

....Goddamn you.

-----------------------------------------------------

That killed me.

Anyone else notice that Cartman suddenly has a "Mel Gibson is Braveheart" poster up on his bedroom wall this season? And that Butters didn't show up at all? Should be funny to see his return.

Wasn't as good as the instant classic of last weeks episode, but still really good.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Body to Die for: The Aaron Henry Story, A (1994) (TV)

I noticed that Braveheart poster too.
I couldn't help at laughing at Cartmans training to be a mentally challenged person.

especially when he was getting the walk just right, and using the computer to record his steps.

Olympic Official: What disability does your son have?

Miss Cartman: Why he's retarded.

Loved that line.

CHECK THIS OUT!
Create your own South Park citizen.

http://southparkstudios.com/games/create.html

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was totally perking when they played "Take It To The Limit". I'm a major "Scarface" fan, and I get a kick out of any reference to the movie, so watching Cartman get in a frame of mind for the Special Olympics while listening to Giorgio Moroder was hilarious.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Next week: Kyle sees "The Passion Of The Christ"!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks