What's new

Sources for Onkyo HT-S650 (1 Viewer)

David Dhaus

Agent
I'm really starting to think Onkyo 650 may be the way to go instead of the Kenwood HTB505. I need to go and listen, but does anyone have a source for the Onkyo? So far I have only found it available at Circuit City, and, based on a very bad personal experience, I really do not want to go there to buy one. Thanks again for all the help. Basement is wired, dry wall going up next week.

Nope---In my research only Circuit City seemed to have this system. Bestpriceaudiovideo is a reliable internet dealer of Onkyo equipment, but, as of last week, they did not have the 650 in stock (though they offered to send it for $499, shipped, when it came in). I think this model is pretty new, though, so in time you may be able to find it in more places.

I also hate going to Circuit City, but I live in the boonies and don't have a lot of choices for electronics---it has to be either the internet or a 45 minute drive to the mall. I bit the bullet and bought one from CC.

Hope this helps,

Chris

David Dhaus

Agent
Thanks! So far, Onkyo has a little edge on the specs (more s video in, av front hookups for my camcorder, etc.) but I would like to "audition" the two as best I can. I can (must) wait awhile anyway. Basement needs to get finished and paid off, then vacation, etc. Still, my birthday is in September, so we'll see. I may call crutchfield to see if they can get it in. They are an Onkyo authorized dealer, so they should be getting them in.

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
If you live where they have stores called Conns, they carry the 650 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks