What's new

Sort of good "In Living Color" news (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I have some sort of good news for those that were disappointed in the edits in the "In Living Color" season 2 and 3 DVDs.

"In Living Color" will air weeknights on BET at 11 pm et. starting in October. I don't know about you, but I'll tape the season 2 episodes of "In Living Color" to make up for the edits.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
That is excellent news. I'll be taping any of the segments that were missing on the DVDs. I have a couple from the FX airings, but I might as well get the others from BET...

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget all of the Fly Girls numbers from season 2 and beyond, have all of the original music replaced.

I am a little worried, BET has 4 and half minute commercials, will we get the full episodes?

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I figure it'll be the same versions that were shown on FX, which had like a minute or so trimmed (they're probably around 21-22 minutes, compared to the 23 minutes of the originals). Not sure what exactly was cut...

Since a lot of the songs used during the dance cues were commercially-available hip-hop songs, I'll just keep track of what was used, and do my own replacements from there (hopefully the BET versions aren't dubbed either).

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
"The Parkers" and "Girlfriends" reruns air exactly the same on BET as in syndication. So this should be the same versions of FX.

The Fly Girls music should be the same. The music parodies will most likely be there also.

I don't understand why season 1 DVD is unedited (exept for Volt 45 commercial parody that only aired once on the original FOX broadcast) while the other ILC DVDs are edited.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't think the Volt 45 commercial skit has been seen since. I understand it was offensive to some people as it portrayed Billy Dee Williams getting women drunk and taking advantage of them. I believe it was replaced in reruns by a second-rate Exxon skit with Jim Carrey. Not sure why the Volt 45 skit wasn't included as an extra. Perhaps they felt it was not worth the effort. Or the skit has been forgotten about. I saw it when it originally aired and it wasn't all that funny. Certainly not a deal-breaker for buying the box set.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
The Wayans Brothers and The Jamie Foxx is also coming to BET besides In Living Color which is so great and I can't wait. I just saw a commerical not to long ago about it and they said they will all start next money on the third...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks