Sopranos Weirdness

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

My wife and I were watching the Sopranos episode last night before the season finale of SFU.

Anyways, it looks like they did an actress switch with some fancy editing. The FBI decided that they wanted to plant someone next to Adrianna in order to start up a relationship with her. Last night, that person was a blonde. When that show first aired, they used a completely different person.

It looks like they filmed new snippets of the new actress and edited them into the finished episode. Did anyone else notice this?

2. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

That is so weird! I was watching it too and I could have sworn it was originally Fairuza Balk. I literally did a double take and then I thought maybe I was confusing it with another show. You are totally right. She must have bailed on the project, probably after they announced it was on an 18 month hiatus, but I'm just guessing.

I think the conference room they could have just edited her in, but the scene where she interacts with Adrianna at the dress shop had to be completely reshot.It will be cool to see a comparison shot in the Sopranos Season 3 DVD if they choose to. I'm suprised there's been no story about this.

3. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

Wait- what the hell? No Fairuza Balk? That's too bad, I was realy looking forward to her on the show. She's creeped me out since Return to Oz- doesn't it look like she's about to eat you alive at any second?

4. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

They're talking about this in the software section too.

5. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

6. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

It WAS faizura balk, and then I had to cancel my cable.

7. Johnny wilson

Johnny wilson Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if anyone will confirm why this happened.

8. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Can't confirm why but I was on SOPRANOLAND and can confirm the switch. I hear the editing was pretty poor too. Makes me wonder what we'll get on the Season 3 DVD. What is David Chase doing, taking directing/producing lessons from George Lucas?

IMDB still lists FBI Agent Deborah Ciccerone/Danielle as Fairuza Balk. No mention there of the new actress, but I heard the credits for that episode say Lola Claudino.

9. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    This was the case guys. I spun my old original VCR tape of Season 3, show #13, and in fact there are 2 different actors. This happnens in TV from time to time. Actors can't comit long term, and they must switch.... Happens in the soaps all the time.