What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sony XBRs VS Sony GWs (1 Viewer)

bill:joh

Auditioning
I'm confused about the difference between Sony models KDF60XBR950 and KF60WE610. I think the KDF is about $1200 more but looking at the Sony website, I can't seem to figure out why. Can anyone provide input on this?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Just a guess, it might be the same as on Sony's CRT's where XBR costs more than WEGA...in the CRT case (me) I went with XBR, but it's really a toss-up in this forum as to whether the extra cost is worth it...people get very opinionated about this particular subject.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
ATSC tuner
Complete direct digital video signal path(Direct Digital 2)
Finer lenticular screen
3.28 million dots as opposed to 3.15 million
higher voltage lamp
"Floating screen design" - very nice
More elegant cabinet design
Even better anti-reflective screen
Weight : 77% heavier! = attributed to the cabinet and possible othe enhancements (Power supply possibly)

Individual picture settings for each video input (manual for we model does not indicate this but it's possible that it does have it)

bill:joh

Auditioning
Thank you for all the good feedback. I'm not sure yet that the extra $$ buy what I consider that much extra value. One "extra" that's superfulous seems to be tuner since I have cable feed and cable company provides the tuner. Am I right? Another question..yesterday, I saw a Hitachi LCD which looked great. It has a PCMIA slot for showing digital pix which is a neat feature. Is the only way to accomplish this wiht the Sony (since I don't have a Sony..ie memory stick camera) to plug a laptop computer into the back of the Sony? ..and can this be done wiith the Sony? Thanks again for the help

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
A guy on another forum (he's a dealer for both Sony, ,Hitachi and Panasonic), really liked the Hitachi even better than the GWIII nonxbr. However, reports are that the XBRs are better than the non-XBRs.. I've seen both next to each other (70"XBR and 50" non-xbr) and the blacks appear to be better on the XBR.
Most people think that the only real value of the xbr is the ATSC tuner, but it really is more than that. Nobody has the technical specs, but more and more information is coming out about the XBRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks